Forest roads and trash...

ducksbucksandbulls

New mexico has more beer cans per mile along the forest roads than any other state.
In 6 miles we counted over 400. Those were the ones we saw, I bet we missed a couple hundred too.
Lots of new cans.
We were in the carson national forest.
These were back roads, rough 4x4 roads too.
# 1 can, Bud light...
Saw some hunters at the local store buying bud light. Asked the gent behind the counter what was the # 1 selling beer..." bud light"
These hunters were road hunting with a bear guide running hounds. They were all over the area during our 10 day stay in the carson NF.
I'm noy saying they did it, or contribute to the problem. But...

Elk hunting was good
Beautiful country.
Wish I had a few extra weeks to clean up their mess...
I hauled our trash to the county store dumpster. Al;ways asking if it was ok.
We spent a couple hundred at the store on gas and supplies and ice cream.
Thanks NM for a great trip...

yes it is a BIG HUGE problem that we have here its not just the Carson either its everywhere I posted awhile back about the same problem in the Pecos. It seems there is no respect for the outdoors anymore and its sad that we as hunters conservationist that we would protect the little that we have and strive to make things better rather than trash it more.
all I can say is show everyone that you are the better person and clean up after them I know its not yours or my job but it just has to be done some times.
It would help if the forest and BLM and the state would put up some more signs to stop littering and pac it in- pac it out, and maybe just maybe do some enforcement of it.

leave it better than you found it is the best policy

I was thinking that a Boy scout troop could make a killing up in the area's we hunt if they did a week long pickup of cans.
NM has zillions of cans laying next to the those dirt roads.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

.....Indians

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

>.....Indians >

10% of the state's population....probably in the (very) tiny minority of USFS forest users. The problem is bigger than "indians".

lol...ok, ok....Indians and utards...

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

About 4 in the afternoon on the Pecos River the bud light hatch is pretty thick!! I tied a silver and blue fly on a number 12 hook and kill it!!! lol

Nortenios...if there even is a correct spelling...But true problem with a lack of respect for even themselves, why expect them to care for our forests...

Remember looking at properties in NM 10 years ago. Looked down south, and then went up North past Chama and just remember all the trash along the roads up there. Yes, a bunch was by the Rez, but, it is nothing like that by the Mescalaro Rez. The Mescalaro Rez is beautiful and IMO well managed from what I can see.

That was big part of my decision to move to the Sacramento mountains.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom