Forestry Employee

dirtygrass

I just got home from a 9 day mules deer hunt in CO. I saw a lot of good bucks and one really good buck. Most of these bucks were bedding in the bottom of a canyon coming out the east side to feed about an hour before dark and early in the morning. I watched these buck for 4 days do the exact same thing. The best buck had not presented a good shot in four days, he always came out somewhere I had to go around the mountain to get a shot and never had time.
The morning of the fifth day I was set up a little close to the place I thought he would come out. I could see him wandering around in the trees about 300 yards, if he comes out east like every day, I would get a shot.
All of a sudden the big buck looks down the canyon and takes off up the canyon, over two ridges. There were about 20 deer in the canyon all running like hell out of sight. I start looking for what spooked them and here he comes, a forestry employee walking right up the canyon hanging flagging tape on every tree(wearing no orange).

Needless to say I was a little pissed.

I covered a lot of ground and never saw the buck again.

I ran into him opening day and he was on a hiking trail, not a problem to me. He told me he had a doe tag for third season, i'll bet he wouldn't think it was funny if I was running my horses around where he was hunting.

As has been said here many times before: If you are hunting public land, you gotta roll with the punches. I wish I had a nickle for everytime someone or something messed up my hunting plans.

On the positive side. If that's the worst you have to piss and moan about, you've got a pretty good life.

>Is this an actual, legitimate complaint?
>

No, it's not. Public land, you may encounter the public or employee's of the public.

Well I guess at least he was doing something. Most these worthless forest service pukes barley get out of the truck

I still think it is BS for a government employee knowing there are hunters working deer in a particular area to walk right through the middle of it. I am sure he could have hung flagging tape out of season or waited a week.

I love how because it was a Forestry employee hes suddenly some lower form of life to you. Had it been an air conditioner repair man it would have been different right?

Give him a break man, he is just some mope with his name on his shirt like most everyone else. He has a boss telling him what to do and when to do it. I am sure at that very point in time there are hundreds of other places he would have rather been than wandering around the woods placing tape on trees but you have to make ends meet somehow.

Just a mope with his name on his shirt man. Nobody with their name on their shirt has any autonomy.

a forest employee doing something, now that's a first,,,, if one was walking around, their was 5 sitting in the office telling him how to do it,,,,,

Forestry "timber cruiser", doing what he is paid to do and you are upset?

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Hypothetical situation - CDOW decides to do a elk hunting study during the early rifle season in unit 201 and unit 10, they have 20 employees walking up different draws in the unit every day during season. I guess this would be ok.

Wow that sucks! Sorry your stock got ruined! But c'mon man the guy is just doing his job!

I have had hunts interrupted by evertyhing from fellow hunters pulling boneheaded moves, to sheep herders moving animals, to cattlemen gathering/searching for their last few head on the mountain.

Hell I have even been the guy who ruined somebody elses hunt for 2 of the 3 reasons I listed! (and no I never have herded sheep)

No, it would NOT be OK and even they would not be that dumb.

Any elk study begun after the season starts would be distorted at best and provide no substantially useful information, would cause an uproar and upset their revenue source.

Forest Service employees, on the other hand, are not concerned with public land hunting seasons and are not about to take 4 months off just to avoid the recreating public.

Give it up......it just wasn't your lucky day!

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

I have had hunters get in the way, I have had hikers interrupt my hunt, I have had guys illegally on ATV's screw me, I have seen guys with spot lights hunting the ridge I had left earlier, and none of that pissed me off like this. The forestry employee knew there were people hunting the draw and he still went and screw us, it's BS!

Nothing short of class warfare upon us by the Feds. Any chance NSA had tabs on your phone lines or internet and figured out your hunting spot? Any blacked out choppers in the area? I knew this day would come. And to think they're disguising themselves as Forest Service workers. We should have seen this coming.

How did he know you were there?
Did you drop by his office to notify him where you would be and would like it if he did his job somewhere else that day?

Did you post a sign at the trail or anywhere for that matter that said you would be hunting this piece of PUBLIC ground and would like if everyone would stay away so you could have it to yourself?

Did you sign into the reservation book for that canyon so that everyone in CO would know you had that spot reserved and no one else was to go there?

Public hunting can suck, but that's why it's called public and not private.
I wish i had time to worry about little things like this, my life would be sweeeeeeeet!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom