Found him!

NPHunter

I finally found the buck I’ve been watching for my 13yr old. He an I picked up his 2020 sheds in 2021 and he was just over 165” then with 13” fronts and 12” backs. No idea what he is now but his fronts are unreal and he has added a couple of extras. Looks like something happened to his main beam on one side but he’s still a very nice deer. Hopefully we can turn him up Saturday morning!

1719A130-F5A0-485D-85B7-0C57DE5A4F64.png

5F48CB37-4CD8-4C31-8505-BC3406C73183.png

9BC30017-3C49-47E7-ADA8-74E875390868.png

621BC62C-B1B5-49C0-B9C2-B001F2A7EAFF.png

51BD9D2B-54AA-477D-9E27-B3D374DF003D.jpeg

This is him last year, almost killed him then.
87290D39-BAB3-45B3-ADE5-563D6DD2CB06.jpeg

Got some better pics, there’s 1 better buck in the area, at least one higher scoring buck. This one will not get a pass if he presents us with a shot. Great tune length, great mass and with that long left beam he’s going to get credit for a lot of that inside spread he’s got!

Cool buck. Coach me on what a 13” inch front and a 12” inch back refers to…? I know different parts of the country look at the same things but only different terms. Give me a quick lesson!

Cool buck. Coach me on what a 13” inch front and a 12” inch back refers to…? I know different parts of the country look at the same things but only different terms. Give me a quick lesson!
I referring to the depth of the forks, it actually isn’t the buck I thought he was, I still have the sheds and was comparing them to him and it isn’t him. I’ve never seen this bucks sheds, I we did see him last year and actually shot him about 50 yards from where we blew an opportunity on him last year. The sheds I have have way deeper back forks. This buck ended up with 12” deep front forks and 8” rears.

got it, congrats!
I referring to the depth of the forks, it actually isn’t the buck I thought he was, I still have the sheds and was comparing them to him and it isn’t him. I’ve never seen this bucks sheds, I we did see him last year and actually shot him about 50 yards from where we blew an opportunity on him last year. The sheds I have have way deeper back forks. This buck ended up with 12” deep front forks and 8” rears.

Is this the same buck you were asking for score estimates on? What did he end up going?
No the buck with him was what I was asking about. This one is 188” maybe slightly more, did a real quick measure job with string and a tape. I’ll measure him better once he’s caped out and I’m cleaning up the skull.

No the buck with him was what I was asking about. This one is 188” maybe slightly more, did a real quick measure job with string and a tape. I’ll measure him better once he’s caped out and I’m cleaning up the skull.
I hate hate to be this guy, but there’s no way that buck breaks 180… it’s an awesome trophy nonetheless.

I hate hate to be this guy, but there’s no way that buck breaks 180… it’s an awesome trophy nonetheless.
Hate to be that guy, but just can't help yourself. There's always one...

Feel free to break down what you think the measurements are for us, you might surprise yourself. Or are you jsut going off what you feel when you look at it (surefire way to be way off in my experience, I've done it a lot).

Deep forks, a solid spread measurement, which also equates to length. Double mass measurements for the eye guards, I don't see any reason to doubt this buck is what NP says.

Again Great Buck NP!! Congrats to you and the kiddo!

What a cool looking buck. Time spent with the kid is all you need. Congrats to the both of you. And I agree it's a 180+ buck by the looks of him.

Just moves it up main beam to the H2. Can be almost double in many cases.
Not sure why you changed my quote above, but it's almost never that the H1 measurement is almost double the H2. Most of the time it's 4/8 to an inch different, unless you measure the burr, which is an incorrect measurement.

Sorry to all, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Again, great deer congrats to dad and son!

Excellent trophy buck for the young man!
Great hunt too, albeit only 2 hours long BUT the nice thing is you have time and history with this buck already, which is way cool.
Congratulations!

Zeke

Not done purposefully at JM77, clicked in the box when I started typing I guess...

Admittedly I've not scored very many bucks, and after checking two that are in my house and easy to get to, its for sure not double. It is not as much as I had thought it would be, but could be considered more than a negligible difference. One is at an inch and the other at 7/8" bigger at the correct measured H1 vs H2. Judging from where the OP's bucks eye guards are, he could gains near 3" in total score on the H1 vs H2 measurements.

horn 2.jpg

horn.jpg

Apologies for the miss info and direction, got quick tongued. When a guy starts in on a bucks score that certainly looks very close to what it was said to be by the OP (It's not like he was claiming a 220" deer), I couldn't see him being off by enough inches to warrant chiming in on a post to only call out score. Call it a pet peeve of mine... No offense taken here either JM77, and appreciate it actually, now I have a good weekend project to tape out some of these horns lol

Agree, sorry for the high jack

Great buck! Love the G4s and pretty good turnaround time with the taxidermist. Wish I could get mine to finish up my bull from 2021.

Great buck! Love the G4s and pretty good turnaround time with the taxidermist. Wish I could get mine to finish up my bull from 2021.
Thanks, he did Great with the turn around this year. I think he’s recruited some help, I had a couple of Antelope done this year too. I’ll post them in the taxidermy thread since they aren’t mule deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom