Found! Hounds

HornyMan

I found some hounds in Utah. Look at the Utah page for more details. If you're missing some dogs please let me know.

Hey horny man, anthing ever come about on those dogs?
I found two myself out in the Book Cliff's last week.
I called the guy from the name & numbers on their collars and left a message, but noone answered or even bothered to call me back.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Catman-
the names on the dog tags said "Bruce Horrocks" from vernal.
I called and left messages, but he's never called me back....not even to say "thanks".

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I'm kind of chuckling here... I know a guy in New Mexico that tells the exact same story. Picked up Horrocks dogs running down the yellow line in the road, and couldn't get a call back or even a thank you... same story. :)

I guess not all houndsmen are as kind, warm, generous, caring, loving, considerate, friendly, and tender hearted as me. ;-)

Ya hounddawg, it sure seems strange to me too!
I'd at LEAST like to know he found 'em, they were great dogs.....i should have tossed them in my truck i guess!!

The one seemed VERY timid like he was in trouble, and or about to get his arse kicked by me, but once he found out we were gentle and nice, he wanted to go home with us.
Maybe Mr. Horrocks isn't too kind to his pups either!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Some dogs are just shy by nature, doesn't mean anyone was unkind to them as pups.

Hounds are just like people, some of them are just naturally shy and most of them are obnoxious as hell. I wouldn't say he's abused or beat them.

And in his defense, it's highly possible what happened was the same thing that has happened to me a couple of times. Spent the day on the mountain trying to find and gather a dog, only to find out it had been picked up and was down in the valley in someone's yard.

And there we are on the mountain all day, no cell phone signal, and no way of knowing the dog is down at someone's house eating table scraps.

Then you hit town and all the sudden you got 14 new messages on your cell phone. :)

So I've been on that side of the line, when it had all the appearance of me not caring, when in fact the opposite was true. I was unwilling to leave the mountain without my dog.

So hard to say and I wasn't there so not my place to speculate. :)

Ya definately not mine to speculate either...i know absolutely nothing about running dogs, i was just making small talk about it. Those dogs looked very very healthy and both had three differen't types of collars on them, so he obviously cares and wants them back.
My only issue i guess is that one would think he'd get some kind of courtesy call the simply say "thanks dude, i found them".
Maybe i put too much into MY old bird hunting days when i lost my shorthair and someone called me???

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Slamdunk,
Do you still have them? Or did you just leave them up there? I know Bruce a little. I think he has to many dogs to keep track of. I had a very simular thing happen to me with him. I dunno, but all I can say is the dogs must not be worth much or he would make it a point to find you :)

catman-
No we didn't take them.
They just hung out with us for about two hours while we tore our camp down, then chased us down the road when we left like they wanted to come along. They soon gave up and realized we'd abandoned them. Great dogs though....i'd not mind a pair like that!!
Looked like they had some kind of tracking collars on them both, hopefully they found Bruce.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I'm sure he or someone else picked them up. Most guys do have tracking collars on their dogs, and if they are left on the mtn. can be found. Its still wrong for you not to be called back. I always appreciate a call if I'm out dogs. If I don't want the dog back I won't be turning it loose....I give them kind to houndawg jr. and he turns them into legends :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom