Found my buck!!

J

JimmyAZ

I posted a segment in the archery forum last week about losing a buck. I finally got to go out on my first archery hunt ever. No tree stands were in the area so my friend and I still hunted. Luckily I came up on a brute, got an arrow off, and than he was gone. After inspection, there was blood, and after the 1 1/2 hour wait, the tracking commensed. We jumped him 3/4 mile later and than lost the trail. I went back Sunday with no luck. I told myself that today was the last I was giving to find him, and after 5 hours of gridding briar patches, marshes, and ponds, I found him!!!

He grosses 151 6/8" with a net of 142"!! My first time ever out with a bow and my first whitetail buck!! Can't wait to get out some more!!

100_2278.jpg

100_2277.jpg

100_2283.jpg

Scott's Very correct. You did the right thing.

That thing's a Toad. What part of the World are
we talking about, if you don't mind me asking.

larry

Way to be a tenacious hunter after the shot. Way too many people give up the 1st day let alone giving it the effort you did. If they did, it would pay off for many of them. Your effort was rewarded with a beauty of a deer. Awesome!

LOL....as mentioned, he wasn't recovered until the next weekend and wasn't much left after the coyotes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom