Found out why you have to wear Orange.

ruthunter

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-19 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]Just returned from hunting around Pagosa Springs. I have realized why wearing an orange vest and hat is mandatory. Spent some time hunting Valle sacco, 8mile Mesa, Jackson Mtn etc. I've never seen so many hunters in the field at one time. It was a complete joke. Saw very few bucks in 5 days. We killed (2) bucks but nothing bigger than 140?.

Sounds like they need to cut tags. Thats only way to keep guys from shooting bucks under 140.

I went to unit 70. Big joke . Same thing Every area that looked good had camp trailers there or a truck there. Never seen so many road hunters ,Damn. it was bad. Only dinks were seen . I was warned on here but thought I was a better Hunter and couldget it done.I got OnX maps on the 2nd day as it was a must.Used it 1 day and left. What a joke .Glad i didn't buy an Elk tag. 3 days of heavy glassing never saw 1. Even private land Guys said they were not seeing Deer as big as normal. A guy I met up there from Kingman and became friends with said He watched a 2 point go across a field and it became a war zone. Shots coming from every angle and dangerous. Funny being on a hill and seeing so many pumpkins. Colorado Should be ashamed at what they are selling. Complete Joke. At 63 this was my first time there and last. I have been to Montana 3 times and great success and Wyoming twice and respectable animals taken, New mexico too. I am from AZ, and the desert is better Hunting. Sad to hear its more than 1 Unit also. Game and fish better quit smoking their pot and manage animals better. I should Sue them for Fraudulent sale of tags I wasn't giving motels any more $ either............BULL!

I read the facts but it sure looks there have been a lot more licenses issued this year. The place is crawling with people. I finally saw a deer hanging in a camp today.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom