Founder, some thoughts!!!

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
I have always wanted to get updates from folks that have good tags and are on the hunt. I have thought about doing the hunt adventures, but not sure that the was right forum. I have quite a few friends on MM that send photos back and forth during the hunt to each other and always thought that it would be cool to share some of that with the rest of MM. I was wondering if you could think about a "live hunt" section where folks can post daily photos and narratives of their hunts. I actually think it would be very popular, especially on hard to draw tags. I don't think people would need to share the units unless they wanted to, but I like seeing photos from different parts of the west as it is all part of the experience.

Rich

I love the idea I think it would be great. Not having to start a thread just a place to post pictures during the hunt would be very convenient.

That is what the Hunt Adventure Forum is for. At least that's how I see it. Maybe I'm not following you right.
The Hunt Adventure forum is for sharing your photos and videos from all your outings. One can choose to allow others to post to their threads or not.

Founder if I’m correct I think the difference is we would not have to create a different thread each time we wanted to post a picture of our Hunt/trip. I don’t want to create a new thread to post One picture. I thought the hunt adventure forum was used if you had the opportunity to scout and lead up to your hunt. For example I’m hunting Wyoming and Colorado this year there will be no scouting trips. So if I take a cool picture of a sunset or scenery and want to share it I would have to create a complete new thread in the new forum you could just share it in there.

Founder if I’m correct I think the difference is we would not have to create a different thread each time we wanted to post a picture of our Hunt/trip. I don’t want to create a new thread to post One picture. I thought the hunt adventure forum was used if you had the opportunity to scout and lead up to your hunt. For example I’m hunting Wyoming and Colorado this year there will be no scouting trips. So if I take a cool picture of a sunset or scenery and want to share it I would have to create a complete new thread in the new forum you could just share it in there.
So you're just thinking one thread where everyone shares a photo or two? Similar to the contest threads I have?

That’s not what I’m thinking. I’m thinking I have a 3rd season tag in Colorado. I would post the day by day events, rut activity, photos, what I’m seeing. In the hunt adventures no one can reply. This is a interactive hunt where you get to see it develop day to day. Think if Elk ass every gets his Utah elk tag, folks would want to follow along on a daily basis. Just my thoughts, not criticizing what your doing or how you run MM.

Rich

Nobody needs to know where you are hunting if you don't post that info. But it would be cool to have the ability to reply, and encourage, or give hints etc. That's what I'd like. But having service is an issue on some hunts. That's why it wouldn't always work.
A blow by blow pisscutter hunt with BESS would be awesome!

That’s not what I’m thinking. I’m thinking I have a 3rd season tag in Colorado. I would post the day by day events, rut activity, photos, what I’m seeing. In the hunt adventures no one can reply. This is a interactive hunt where you get to see it develop day to day. Think if Elk ass every gets his Utah elk tag, folks would want to follow along on a daily basis. Just my thoughts, not criticizing what your doing or how you run MM.

Rich
I think the question is, does the Hunt Adventure forum allow others to comment on your posts or not? I thought they were locked from commenting, but maybe there is a way to unlock them?

If there is not a way to unlock them, the OP would like a thread like Rokslide and a few other sites has. I support having a Live Hunt subforum!

You guys are right, the 2020 Hunt Adventures Forum DOES NOT allow anyone but the thread owner to post to the thread. I was mistaken on how I set that up.

What about just having LIVE Hunt threads in the Mule Deer or Elk Forums?

Brian, I agree with the guys. It should be a separate forum. If extra forums increase costs, scrap the hunt adventure forum next year. If still awarding prizes, award it to the live thread with most likes throughout the year. (I don’t think you need to award prizes but that’s just me) I tried the HA one year and wasn’t a fan, there was no give and take with the members here, just take. I think BCboy left MM for that reason. Guy put in a monumental effort and had no feedback. Shooting into the dark ain’t no fun.

LOL LittleBig!

nomad buck2.jpg

Nobody needs to know where you are hunting if you don't post that info. But it would be cool to have the ability to reply, and encourage, or give hints etc. That's what I'd like. But having service is an issue on some hunts. That's why it wouldn't always work.
A blow by blow pisscutter hunt with BESS would be awesome!

Brian, I agree with the guys. It should be a separate forum. If extra forums increase costs, scrap the hunt adventure forum next year. If still awarding prizes, award it to the live thread with most likes throughout the year. (I don’t think you need to award prizes but that’s just me) I tried the HA one year and wasn’t a fan, there was no give and take with the members here, just take. I think BCboy left MM for that reason. Guy put in a monumental effort and had no feedback. Shooting into the dark ain’t no fun.
If it were me, I would have both options and give awards for each category (Hunt Adventures 2020 and Live Hunts 2020 with comments enabled). I like both of them and would more likely go to those two pages than a number of other pages that are available (if you have to eliminate one or combine something else, there seems to be some pages that are rarely visited...)

Are there a few of you who’d make use of a Live Hunt Forum?
I was thinking about it while on the mountain the last few days and I don’t think I could do the Live posts, but if others can, I can add the forum.

I have an archery elk tag in AZ where I should have some service.... I’d be willing to give it a whirl if folks would be interested in it.

I have 3 mule deer tags in November this year and will be at it the entire month. I suggested this forum for that reason, posting day by day updates as the seasons progressed. I start 3rd season CO, then on to MT and then SD. I have other tags that would be just a one hunt thing.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom