FOUR YEARS IN A ROW!

deerhuntr4885

First off...Congrats to all of you who are going to Montana. I have been applying for four years now and have private ground to hunt if successful but I can not get drawn! I hate this state! HAHAHA.. Seriously though... This really sucks! My hunting partner said that if we did not get drawn this year he is not putting in again. So I guess we are out of the drawings. We applied each year for the Deer/Elk combo.

Another thing that makes me mad is the fact that left over licenses are only offered to those who applied for deer combos. When I applied for Deer/Elk does'nt that tell them that I would also like to hunt deer? Yet I am not even considered for a deer tag! This sucks. Oh well.. I guess Montana only wants to make the interest off my app fees!

Anyway.... just venting. Thanks for reading.

Mike Henne

Keep trying. Do you pay for the points? In 2005 I did not draw the deer/elk combo. but I got a alternate tag in late October after the season already started. So try and get a low number when they allow you to sign up. Then keep trying right before the season starts. You might get lucky.

You need to find a new friend. One who will stick it out. Just think, by you and your buddy quitting...just moved someone else up in the draw. I hope they thank you!
-CB-

If you have private ground why don't you go land owner sponsored?

That is what is kind of a drag with the Montana Bonus point system it never guarantees you a tag.

Nemont

I've never heard of someone going 4 yrs without drawing. That's pretty amazing really. Do you guys put in for your bonus point along with your tag. No way should you not get drawn if you had three points. I drew last year with 0, and again this year with 0.

I didn't get drawn this year for a deer combo and I had 3 points. I have been offered and have bought a leftover deer tag the last three years so I have not had to stay home.
Keep trying, you get your money back........

Yes, I always get the points. That is all I get. HAHA...Maybe this is Karma for getting drawn for Region G the first time I ever applied. That was five years ago and I can not get back.

Again, thanks for listening not usually a whiner but you gotta vent to someone. And my wife is just no that sypathetic on the subject of out of state tags.

I can not do land owner because I do not know the landowner. It is just family of a friend who said we could hunt his land if drawn. I already trieds that a couple years back.

And yes, four years SOUNDS impossible but I'm here to tell you.......

Mike Henne

Sorry Mike that really sucks! I'm in for Colorado and hopefully will be in for Idaho here pretty soon if I can grab the money! Should be hunting from septemper through november if all goes well! Then it's off to the army and I'm outta this town! Keep trying man!

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

4 years without drawing and I paid for points. You may not like the fact leftover tags don't go to elk/deer combos, but you also have way better draw odds than those just putting in for the deer combos. Just a thought.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-07 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]True enough bone...again I'm just venting.

Hey MichaelJ! Colorado huh? Sounds pretty cool. Give me a call some time.

Mike Henne

With an 80% chance at being drawn with just one point and much greater chance successive years, I'd be checking with MFWP to make sure there wasn't an error Mike. Sorry to hear -similar to my own draw results in Wa.. -D

Sorry to hear your luck. I'd agree with above, check MTFWP, maybe something's wrong. I've drawn E/D Combo for 7 of 8 years over ten (didn't apply last year). Maybe I've just got the opposite luck.

Thanks for the advice. I hear all the time about people getting drawn every year. Kills me! I check the website and it says I have the points. So I'm not sure who to call and ask if I'm getting left out. I know they get my app and money.

Mike Henne

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom