Free range axis

Bookhead

Very Active Member
Anybody have any contacts for free range axis deer trespass fee style hunt. Ive already killed one on an outfitted hunt i just figured there might be a way to cut out the middle man and deal straight with some land owners. Shoot me a message if ya have any leads thanks!

I I’ve hunted axis twice my set. I too was looking for a trespass fee kind of hunt. Unfortunately that is going to be tough to find. If you find one I’d be curious about.

Best bet is to look up big landowners around bracketville. My friend did that and within half an hour had a place booked. Problem was the rancher didn’t have an actual business setup so it was all in good faith the rancher would be there to allow access and payment. Kinda risky when you drive from Wyoming

Best bet is to look up big landowners around bracketville. My friend did that and within half an hour had a place booked. Problem was the rancher didn’t have an actual business setup so it was all in good faith the rancher would be there to allow access and payment. Kinda risky when you drive from Wyoming
Yea when i hunted down there we hunted rite outside Sonora tx and we were there a day early so went driving around county roads and saw big bucks all over on different properties that's what gave me the idea to try and get ahold of one of them myself most of the landowners around there charge the outfitters per animal so i wouldnt figure theyd care if the money came from a hunter or an outfitter

Yea when i hunted down there we hunted rite outside Sonora tx and we were there a day early so went driving around county roads and saw big bucks all over on different properties that's what gave me the idea to try and get ahold of one of them myself most of the landowners around there charge the outfitters per animal so i wouldnt figure theyd care if the money came from a hunter or an outfitter
I’ll ask my buddy for the contact info. I know outfitters have been leasing as much as possible so I’m sure it’s changed a lot in the last 5 years.

Landowners in the hill country know how much axis hunts go for. You may get lucky but I’ve spent a lot of time in south central Texas. And for how much people pay for leases and outfitters it’s gunna be hard to find someone to let you hunt on a trespass fee basis. And I would be Leary of anywhere that did it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom