Fresh and Simple

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
A morning trip to my favorite fishing hole provide fillets for more than one meal. Fried fish is a favorite at my house. Usually with homemade gold potato fries. Found no gold potatoes in the pantry so I tried sweet potato fries. They were edible but not my best dish. Finished off the meal with fresh made brownies the wifey whipped up while I was fishing.

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7147.jpeg

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7150.jpeg

IMG_7152.jpeg

IMG_7149.jpeg

DeerMadness those are white bass, also known as sand bass. They are a true bass like striped bass. We also have a hybrid striped bass in our area lake stocked by our fisheries crew. I love to fish for, catch and eat the striped fish.

I once fried up a plate of walleye and a plate of smallmouth bass and put them on the table. I was the only one who knew which was which. My family preferred smallmouth! That said most of the fish we eat are hybrid striped bass as they are big, fun to catch and tasty.

I haven't had Smallmouth in a long time. I liked Crappie too. A nice cornmeal with spices coating and fry in a pan with some lard. Steelhead, Sturgeon, Salmon. I don't eat Halibut anymore as the price is too high. I had Grouper Po' Boy at a good restaurant in Daytona. That was phenomenal. Tilapia stuffed with Crab in Dallas at a restaurant called Landry's now that was tasty as heck too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom