From Start to Finish Poll

Completed Within:

• Under One Year

• Twelve to Eighteen Months

• Eighteen to Twenty-Four Months

• Over 24 Months

Results are only viewable after voting.

AfricanAddiction

Asking for opinions on what “YOU” consider is a reasonable amount of time from when you drop off the animal to your taxidermist to when you expect it should be completed and ready to go?

Thanks to everyone who replied. I was surprised to see the results. I don’t recall receiving a mount in a year in a very long time and don’t expect it under a year. Good luck to all this fall.

I expect it in 12 months, but understand if it takes up to 18 months. Anything longer than that and the taxi should charge more to reduce the demand or work harder to meet deadlines that they promise.

On a "normal year" 12 months is reasonable. Now 2020 is different story. Tannery's were shut down for a few months creating a huge back log. So figure an extra 3 to 4 months.

I have 4 African animals and deer at thevshot. I'm not in a hurry I expect good quality work vs a fast turn around time. You get what you pay for.

I wait around two years which I am totally fine with. At this point it is all about quality. I have enough mounts that only a bad mount sticks out and I am happy I don't have any at this point. almost every new mount I want has a form modification so I am happy to pay for the extra time needed. Best luck to everyone this fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom