Front buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Utah doesn’t have hunter education courses?? The bow hunter education course I took here in Wyoming said “it’s unethical to try to shoot a deer up the ass”. I forget what page of what book. You look it up. Or you could just use common sense and have a little respect for the animals we hunt, and the hunters who enjoy hunting them.
Tell that to the Texans who gave kuddo's to the term Texas Heart Shot. Guys who take this shot are people who are just after the horns not the meat or they would not take this shot.........

That’s what I suspected. Ethics aren’t laws.

it’s odd that more people are concerned with following their own personal ethics than following the laws.

Just making sure I didn’t miss anything.

Why is that odd? In hunting ethics are what lead to laws. Not the other way around. It was ethics that created sport hunting. Ethics that lead to seasons, bag limits, etc.

Obviously the arrow placement could have been better, but crap happens and we don't always hit animals where we should. I'm guilty of that like many others. It's just a bummer that someone is sitting across the canyon taking pictures like these and then spreads them across the internet knowing full well that others will begin ripping into the hunter without any other information other than a couple photos to use to pass judgement.
It makes me think about all the situations I've been in when an animal may have been standing there or laying somewhere wounded before I could finish it off. At anytime someone else could quickly snap a photo of that animal and then post it all over the place in an effort to get some crap going on the internet. Even my wife's bull laid there for 15 minutes wounded before we got down there to finish it. How crappy would that be if someone was taking pictures of it wounded and then post them to the internet to try and make it appear that we're horrible, nasty hunters. Just sad that there are those out there who do it.

Congratulations to the successful hunter and shame on the unsuccessful guy for putting these photos out there. I see no reason for it other than to try and ruin the success of the successful hunter.

Wounded animals are not what most of us want to see, but it is part of hunting, so the photos aren't that big a deal to me. My issue is what I believe the goal was in these photos being put out there.

I'll have them removed. I know the hunter had a couple friends come to his defense and I understand that. The arrow looks pretty straight for shooting downhill and quartering away. Of course the hunter isn't going to admit to a bad shot anyway, IF there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom