Fun filled hunting season

09Bigbuck

Finnally got my pics downloaded and thought I would share them. We had a busy fall so far the big ones always got away but it was fun anyway.

After getting skunked on my female ibex hunt and missing a bull with my muzzy we headed to Co for deer. After passing on several small bucks and watching a couple big bucks dissapear never to be seen again I shot this buck with 30 min to spare on day #7. I ended up jumping him in a brushy area and after a shot to the neck at 30 yards and another one right up the rear end he was dead.

4b17096873c899be.jpg

After a weeks rest it was of to my wifes NM deer hunt. This buck normally would have gotten passed on but my wife needed a confidance builder after her last hunt and this guy just made things way to easy the 1st morning.

4b17098e74dabb33.jpg

A week latter me and my brother headed down to Texas to hunt whitetails. The last day of our hunt I ended up shooting this busted up 8 point that is pretty typical of a good buck in the area. My brother ended up killing the biggest buck we have seen durring hunting season down there. He is a main frame 8 with kickers on both G2's. He had an outside spread of 23" and scores a hair over 143 gross.

4b1709ba75e49bb8.jpg

4b1709d27656a019.jpg

Now I just have to sit back and wait for my wife to go shoot an Oryx in January and a sheep hunt in Feb.
Thanks Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Good to see you and Kristy made it out and had some success this year. At least you were able to do some hunting, that is all that matters. You can't kill big ones every year unless you don't work and only scout or have a lot of funds. What sheep hunt do you have?

Thanks everyone. agrvarmithunter- I have the Feb-march 15 hunt, we will probably spend most of our time around east of Alamo

tell ole clay Keaton said congrats on the buck... nice to see some ttown folk on here!

"you can't eat the horns..But theres a hell of alot more meat on a big ole buck than a forky" Frank Waters

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom