Fun or Done ?

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Ok, who went out scouting or something fun and who had Honey-Do's today ? I went to the range yesterday then relaxed. After putting it off all summer I spent a couple hours to add some nesting boxes on the Coop and helped pick tomatoes. I guess all the hens including the one that spends money are happy now . ?

Plans adverted on the lake because of a regional bass championship tournament, so spent the day at home and around just doing "stuff".

I had the good fortune this morning of going out with one of my best buds that Drew his first antelope tag in 32 years. It was a great morning, got to watch multiple bucks hook up and duke it out, other bucks moving in on the does when the boss buck was out trying to steal others.
Personally I’m kind of bummed he shot one opening day, I was looking forward to spending some time out hunting antelope with him but he’s very happy with what he got and it was an exciting fun morning.
He did a perfect job of moving in on this buck And shot him at 175 yards.
8E4E121D-3C48-47F4-B10A-090F909636B0.png
7BF7ADB5-D175-435B-94DF-869B16B40159.png
EA38ADF2-4656-4F58-8BDA-95D1042F5D2E.png

He shot him right next to that top pine tree.

Have a plan to visit a friend and score 4 bucks he's got on his wall... but the honey-dos never end, so don't know if its gonna happen before my daughter's rifle hunt late next month.

I did make this little pedastal thing yesterday for a set of sheds... doesn't look too bad. The mount is my 2016 Book Cliffs buck.

20220924_193059.jpg

Have a plan to visit a friend and score 4 bucks he's got on his wall... but the honey-dos never end, so don't know if its gonna happen before my daughter's rifle hunt late next month.

I did make this little pedastal thing yesterday for a set of sheds... doesn't look too bad. The mount is my 2016 Book Cliffs buck.

View attachment 88206
Great looking bucks and pedestal. Turn your horse shoes around before your daughters hunt ?

Range time was two weeks ago, three shots perfect and done.
Hunted deer this past Sat&Sun with a good buddy, learned some new land and didn't see a soul. Two does.
Headed to the amphitheater for Kid Rock this Friday night and up/running Sat am for a 10day deer hunt with my son.
Third weekend Oct duck opener, it's happening all too fast.
image.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom