Fun with my TC Triumph at 200yds

BioHazrdMan

Took my ML out today to get ready for my upcoming ML antelope hunt. Goal for today was to be comfortable out to 200yds... Here is my setup. TC Triumph Bone Collector with Leupold UltimateSlam 3-9x40mm scope. At 200yds here is what it looked like. After shot #1, and #2 I made a adjustment and shot #3 and #4 were good. I was not ready for shot #5 (dang light trigger, HA) but #6 felt good. for 200yds I was happy and feel ready for my antelope hunt! Shooting 125gr BH209 and Barnes T-EZ 250gr bullets.

Next time see what my groups at 250yds look like!!!:)

Wow, learn something new every day! From what I google'd you are correct. 120gr is recommended max for BH209. It is equivalent to 150gr of the pellets. Even if it is not recommended anybody see anything bad about shooting 125gr of BH209??? It obviously shoots good and I got it dialed in for upcoming antelope hunt I think I am going to leave it be at least till after the hunt then maybe work on dialing it back to 120gr.

You are fine at 125 gr by volume. If you want to tighten up the groups some try weighing the powder charges on a reloading scale. You can use 1 grain by volume = .71 gr by weight. So a 125 gr by volume is 88.8 gr by weight. BH209 does not build pressure the same as T7 or even smokeless powder. You are fine with your load.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom