Fundraiser Draw

Nothing for me but while checking I happened to look again at the main draw results and noticed I am second alternate for a Marble Mtn. Bull elk tag. So hope a couple fellers back out and the whole area doesnt burn.

I also drew 1 of the 4 Open Zone fundraiser tags. Found out on Thursday. Can't believe it. Now its time to decide on the zone to choose. I spoke to CDFG (i know its wildlife now) on Thursday and they didn't know how much time I have before I will have to decide on a zone. They said they'll be in touch. Leaning toward G37 but I'm researching the options now. Any zone in the state, during its normal seasons dates and specified/allowed weapon

If you shoot anything less than a 180” buck on this tag I’ll kill you. Hunt hard and get the best glass you can afford. Take a minimum 5 days for each hunt that slinginglead mentioned.

Are you a bow hunter as well as rifle?.. if I drew that tag, I'd be putting some boot leather down in 5b, find the buck that looks good now, along with a backup or two. They have enough horn growth going now to tell who's going to finish out good ones. Start there with a bow, followed by rifle, there are several muzzleloader hunts later in the year in other area's, that are migration country. It's pretty much a once in a lifetime chance, treat it as such. Good luck.
Mike

Why limit yourself? You can hunt any “Open Zone” until you fill the tag.
You do not have to "Pick" a zone beforehand. You can hunt any legal zone until your tag is filled. You can start with X5B, then go to G39, and finish with G3 if you like. When you fill your tag, it's over. Have fun!!
I didn't realize it was any zone until filled. I paid the $7 for the fundraiser thinking it would go to a good cause for Hunting. I never gave it a 2nd thought. Been hunting X7a for 40 years when drawn. didnt get chosen this year with 5 points. thanks.

Are you a bow hunter as well as rifle?.. if I drew that tag, I'd be putting some boot leather down in 5b, find the buck that looks good now, along with a backup or two. They have enough horn growth going now to tell who's going to finish out good ones. Start there with a bow, followed by rifle, there are several muzzleloader hunts later in the year in other area's, that are migration country. It's pretty much a once in a lifetime chance, treat it as such. Good luck.
Mike
I have the bow. now Muzzleloader. good reason to shop though. Good suggestions all of them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom