Funny lookin turkey??

JR

Went out to chase some birds this am, very slow to non existence once the wind picked up, headed back to the truck and changed weapons and headed to some hot spots for hogs..Didn't take long bumped a group of 15 or more out of a drainage that's holding water, picked up the lead sow in the scope and somersaulted her thise shots on the run behind the ear turns the lights out quickly???..Good size eating hog and fat as a tick??????

20220407_095956.jpg

You must love eating pork....nice pig.
We grind most of it into different seasoned sausage and mix it with deer burger, pretty much replaced home grown and store bought beef hamburger with the combo..We have it in any dish that requires hamburger and cannot go back now..My suggestion is if you have a chance try it, it will change the way enchiladas, burritos, meatloaf, and chili taste and how you want to prepare them...Just my 2 cents???

We grind most of it into different seasoned sausage and mix it with deer burger, pretty much replaced home grown and store bought beef hamburger with the combo..We have it in any dish that requires hamburger and cannot go back now..My suggestion is if you have a chance try it, it will change the way enchiladas, burritos, meatloaf, and chili taste and how you want to prepare them...Just my 2 cents???
Every pig after the very first one I killed was made into sausage. I did not care for the taste of wild pig other than in some sort of sausage. Good idea mixing it with deer burger...

Would love to hear your specific recipe for the pork/venison grind mix. We kill a couple pigs every year and I’ve got an excess of pork and venison rounds ready to grind!

Would love to hear your specific recipe for the pork/venison grind mix. We kill a couple pigs every year and I’ve got an excess of pork and venison rounds ready to grind!
We don't grind it as a combo, we mix different blends of sausage with the deer burger when cooking, My wife usually does 50/50 of 1 pound packages and then makes patties out of the rest and we air fry those for breakfast or lunch...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom