FUNNY THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME

joesikora

Long Time Member
I just got a phone call from AZ and the woman proceeded to tell me
that someone had turned in an elk tag that was my second choice and I was next in line and she wanted to know if I would like to have it.
It's a 22 N rifle tag.

Crazy couple of months I've been having

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Hi NMPaul congrats again to you on that great bull my friend!

Yes it was wild to say the least. Its the early rifle hunt in 22 North
Now I have to find someone to hunt with I left message for Steve Chappell
Any advice welcome!

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Ty & Gunner Goodman know the 22N as good as anyone. They live in the unit. I'd give them a call, Joe.

Thanks for the info copple2.
Do you have a number for them?

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Thanks Mozey.
Maybe this is making up for my loss trip to NM
where after you and others hearing of my loss were so generous to offer your time and equipment
to help out a fellow hunter I'll never forget that and deeply appreciate it.

Your friend

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

I can’t remember if i posted these pictures if I already did please forgive me I’m Getting Old!
This is my 7x1 LOL!

D7A94358-B2D6-4CD6-8663-89203DA7981A.jpeg

9FFA55D1-10C5-44EE-A932-E111ACAC4E69.jpeg

7X1? Heck no--I'd be counting those kickers--that's a 7X3!

Cool bull, Joe. Much congrats!

I just got a phone call from AZ and the woman proceeded to tell me
that someone had turned in an elk tag that was my second choice and I was next in line and she wanted to know if I would like to have it.
It's a 22 N rifle tag.

Crazy couple of months I've been having

Joe

-Joe E Sikora
Joe,

you mind sharing how many points you had?

Hi LT no I don’t, I started drawing for AZ and UT about 15 years ago and due to one thing or another I didn’t apply for a few years in AZ (I do have 16 points in UT) So I only had 9 Points. Its weird because i got the tag from someone turning it back in and it was my second choice I don’t know what the odds of that happening was but it had to be crazy high. I talked with Ken from AZ I bought a gun from recently and it took him as a Resident 22 years For the same tag so I feel truly blessed. Honestly I was going to stop drawing for AZ elk and the guys on here talked me in to keep drawing well just show you there’s some great advice on this site from a lot of awesome people.

tailgunner that is one heck of a bull (with a bow to booth) you have there where did you harvest that stud.

joe

Well Joe that bull was taken 2 years ago in my home state of New Mexico unit 12. It was a crazy hunt we were on the side of a mountain and had a bull above us and a bull below us. My partner and I set up thinking we would trying to call the bull below us up, but the bull above us came down right on top of us. My partner shot him at about 10-12 yards. We sat down to give the first bull sometime and about 10 minutes into the wait I asked my buddy "I wonder what happened to the bull below us?" I through a call and BAM he was still there. I set up in the same spot, my buddy dropped back and called. We killed 2 bulls in the same spot in 20 minutes..Krazy!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom