Future Utah hunt

stackem

I'm looking at cashing in my points in either 2017 or 2018 for LE elk. I'll have 16 or 17 points depending on which year. What's the odds of drawing a good tag? With a 6 and an 8 year old at home I figure this is my best chance at getting a nice hunt in before all the expenses really start rolling in.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-16 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]What are the odds of drawing a good tag??? It all depends.

Here is the link to the 2016 Utah Draw Results -
http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/2016/16_big_game_odds_report.pdf

The elk information starts on page 183. I am assuming you are wanting to go with a rifle, so that information starts on page 207. Go through all of those units and see what unit you "should" be able to draw and then start researching those units. The good thing for you, is that you could do all the research now - pick up a general spike tag, learn the unit now while hunting spikes, and then be ready to go when you get the LE tag.

Also, don't rule out the muzzleloader hunt.

Good luck!

Assuming your nr?
Anyway I think u could draw a good tag. Look at manti

Also a lot of late rifle and muzz tags available with those points.

Sw des is a good late hunt
Dutton is a good late hunt

Several good muzz tags.

Checkout toprut.com

Yeah I'm a NR. Biggest thing we have around here is whitetails. I figure this will be my one shot at a trophy hunt for elk so I'm wanting to make it worthwhile.

Non res ont he Manti will take more points then that. It took me 16 points as a resident to draw it this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom