fuzzy muzzy buck

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
Got this nice 27" wide buck. Didnt think i'd get a velvet buck with later date season opener so it didnt cross my mind to prepare to preserve velvet in backcountry. 42 yard shot w federal bor loc 350 gr through shoulder .

Awesome adventure, as usual up in the high country!
1483320190915135006.jpg

It don't get any better than that!

Glad you got the bullet combo figured out. Sounds like it worked well. Did you recover the bullet?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

You done did great. Had to be fun getting it done at 42 yards. Congratulations

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I did recover bullet inside skin on far side flank area. Will post a pic later. Im elk hunting now. Slow and hot out here.

Good Muzzy Buck for sure. Good luck with the elk hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

220820190915093223.jpg

Dont know if this helps but federal bullet penetrated well and expanded well. Made a nice mess of shoulder and kept going.

Great looking buck!
Fills me full of hope for rifle opening day for kids and I down here in NM!
Very motivational!

>great buck.....but your tape must be
>off. On MM that is
>a 35 incher....
>

Heck no. Check out that waistline. Easily a 42 incher! :D

Congrats on a nice buck. Looks like the bullet performed exactly like you wanted it to!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm excited for you. We had similar experiences this year. I shot a nice wide fuzzy muzzy too. I didn't expect velvet either. There was a nice big three point with mine also in the velvet. I also recovered my bullet on the far side, pancaked up against the hide.

Congrats on a great buck.

821610212.jpg

Finally got this timer field pic from camera to interweb! Hunt ended too soon! Too good to pass up. Made a great stalk/setup over only spot he could emerge.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom