G-3

A lot more than that's gonna burn...expect National Forest closures during hunting this year.....until its rains.
this year been one of the driest every all across the west.
SO...... DO WHAT SMOKEY SAY'S!
RM

So.......The G3 fire is out, the results are devastating. I estimate fully 40% bitterbrush loss on the winter range along with absolutely everything else that may have been edible in November, December, January and February.
A harse winter will result in a starvation loss like we have not experienced in 30 years.
Before you ask, I live here and operate a guide service specializing in the G3 zone, so I know first hand how bad the conditions really are.
The migration will still occur, along with the traditional rut period, but the feed issue wil be a real problem.
The fact that somewhere between 35 and 45 hunters will be sharing 40% less area is somewhat unnerving, but as yet, DFG has no plan to close any of the area. It may get "real Western" around here for a couple of weeks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom