G1 with Tehama wildlife permit

Blackbuttemill

Hey guys!
New here-
I drew the G1 tag and the TWA permit. I’ve never hunted the area but from what I’ve read it depends mostly on weather. Hoping for rain/snow late mid October! ??‍♂️Other than that anyone with experience hunting the Tehama wildlife area have tips or areas to check out? Best to stay put and glass or tromp the brush? Etc.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome....Best to wish for weather like your doing. Best to get a good spot and watch across canyons. I use to rattle a few antlers together as well, called in several of those cross bucks.

I've never hunted it but friends who have tell me it takes weather, but not as much weather as you might expect. A good rain will bring them down. They tend to migrate down in the brushy draws. Good luck!

Another thing that will definitely help is if there's a good acorn crop. Even without weather the deer will start moving down on a good acorn crop year earlier than if there's very few acorns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom