G3 Hunt

BigMass

I want to apologize to those of you who sent me personal messages. Being new to this forum I had not noticed them until now. They have been there for many months and I am very embarrassed that I didn't realize it. Again please accept my apology. I injured my shoulder a few months ago and did not realize the severity until I got an MRI it had to be operated on Nov. 17th. I had torn the bicep, labrum and rotator cuff loose.I had a great surgeon and he got it all put back together but it has to be in a sling for another 4 weeks. I cant use the arm at all, fortunately it is my left arm and I am right handed. My doctor isn't real thrilled about me hunting with it but I assured him I would be able to shoot one handed since I have a bipod. It will definitely be a challenge but this is the Goodale buck hunt and I know I will never draw it again. I am heading down Tue. and should get there late afternoon. I was thinking of staying at the boulder creek RV park in Lone Pine, they have wifi so I can take my laptop and be online. I have a forest service map of the area as well as Garmin topo map for my GPS that is also loaded on my computer.I always do all of my own meat processing as I am very particular about my meat but with my current situation I won't be able to. Can anyone recommend a good processor in the area.My wife will be down Saturday afternoon to hunt for a week and will be a big help while she is there. Has there been enough snow to push the deer down?

great processor Independence.I understand he also is the butcher at the local grocery store or in Lone Pine. Hope you fellin better. Fortunately, you've got a back up shooter. Gives you more time to heal and wait for big snowfall.

Sentyou PM

talk later

BigMass:

I sent you a new PM with a link to some photos from this weekend. Nickman is right on.....as usual. No real smokers, but a lot of medium sized bucks. The best scoring buck I saw was in the mid-170's. I also saw a 31" wide forked horn with 5" eye-guards! Both were up high (8000' elevation) in the snow.

BOHNTR )))---------->

That certainly is a hard tag to draw and i'm sure most that beat the odds will be looking for a great buck and who could blame them. My thoughts are about that big forky that BOHNTR described. If i were to not really find "the one", instead of settling for a nice 170 class 4x4 with potential to someday be a monster, i'd be very happy to put my tag on that lesser scoring forky. A mature buck, 30" spread, helping the gene pool, and a very rare trophy!

Me, if i could not find a monster, i'd happily take that big forky given a chance. Good luck to all those involved in these late season hunts!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom