G37 Anderson Flat

GOINSOLO

Drew this tag and will be scouting sporadically as time allows(never hunted D6) if anyone has any ideas of where a good spot to camp in national forest I would be?most thankful. Even a campground away from the Park would work. Hope to take one of those big bucks Obama took pictures of and fed last week! Lol. Thanks in advance for any information.

"In a state of tranquility, wealth, and luxury, our descendants will forget the Art of War, and the noble zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every corruption will be employed to loosen the bond of Union which renders our resistance formidable. When the Spirit of Liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to arms is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easy victims of tyranny" Samuel Adams

This hunt is VERY dependent on weather. My advice is to wait until there is a significant amount (1-2 feet) of snow on the ground in the higher elevations of the park prior to hunting. If no significant weather occurs, wait until the last few days of the season (typically after Thanksgiving).

Camping is not an issue. Plenty of spots.

Good luck on your hunt!
-HS

Thank you highsierra, also thought I saw on another thread that you drew an antelope tag.My dad and I hunted x3b back in the late 80s and were amazed by the good lopes we used to see back then Good luck to you.

Check out my post in California forum from 01/25/15 "California Dream".

Pray for snow and lots of it! As the saying goes, 'If it don't snow, the deer won't show'. Well...sometimes they do, but it was tough. The 2016 season has started with more promise of inclement weather than 2014 did. I will keep my fingers crossed for you lucky 25 with G37 tags. I don't get to MM too often, but PM me if you like and I will try to help.

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

BuckSWATer what a amazing story "California Dream" and what an ending. Just reading your story makes me so happy for you. I will also be heading out to A21 this coming weekend and then G37. I was lucky to have drawn the open zone tag this year.

My hunting partner just sent me a photo of his Anderson Flat archery buck he arrowed today. Nothing huge, but the best buck he's seen in over a week (scouting time included)......they simply haven't moved into the area with this weather. Still, not a bad buck for the Golden State.

Fred_s_CA_Buck.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Looks like you guys with the anderson flat tag will get a storm this weekend, snow level at 8000'. Hopefully that will move some bucks. Not really low enough to move them all down. Good luck.

Thanks Soj51 I set up camp yesterday, saw 3 younger bucks in the lower end of the unit all had does with em . Like you said, hopefully this weather system will get em moving!

Ricky I sent you a PM. Let me know if it didn't go through.

Here come the storms, could be perfect timing - perfect storm??

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Hey thanks Soj51,got him on Tuesday at 3:15 pm. He was the 7th out of 8 bucks I saw that day. There was a nice 4x4 about 80 yards away from him that was wider but not as tall or as heavy. This guy goes 251/4" wide and 191/2" tall really good mass. I am very happy to have taken a California buck of his size. And an easy 60 yard drag down a snowy hill to get him to the road. I gotta give a big thanks to my brother Gary, good friends Joe and Stan for helping out with this hunt. I will try to post more photos.
53199img1164.jpg

That's a great looking buck ! Congratulations !

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-17 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]Hey it's good to see you got a real nice buck , I was camped across from you helping my buddy and his wife on there hunt

Ok guys, I'm finally back on (for some reason I wasn't able to get logged on )I am now using Solodawg for my username was GOINSOLO hope you didn't think I was being a snob lol. Yeah Raghorn I remember you guys well, good thing you were able to help Len and Randy with the down tree. And no Brad l never did try to score it. I wanted to but don't know how to go about it.Thanks for all the positive comments. Good luck with the draws to all you!

Hey Ed, just saw your picture with this buck in the huntin fool May book. It looks even better there. Great representation!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom