Game and Fish Meeting in Farmington

J

jamaro

Hey Everybody... Just a quick note.. there will be a Game and Fish meeting in Farmington on May 29th... PLEASE TRY TO MAKE IT... You can see the agenda on my website. I would post the link but MM masks it with #####

You will notice that they are THINKING about getting youth more involved in shooting sports and hunting. WE REALLY NEED TO BE HEARD on this issue. If you can't make it please call them or e-mail them and tell them how you feel.

Jason

Jason I have to really say thank you . I appreciate all the work you put into our state and hunting , always offering a helping hand and keeping many of us updated and in the "know".Please keep up the good work ....Larry

Larry..
Your welcome...
and if anybody ever has anything for my website just PM me... The website is NOT about me... I just want to promote hunting and fishing... Especially, when kids are involved...

Jason

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-08 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-08 AT 10:47?PM (MST)

NMGF thinking about getting youth more involved????????

Explain this then...

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/documents/documents/NMDGFElkproposal.pdf

Clearly states a proposed reduction in youth tags in units 34, 16, and others! After years of my kids and my friends kids not drawing tags I called and spoke to several different people with NMGF in Santa Fe & Albq and they told me it's because the units that they applied for have low odds... well no DUH!Guess what.. EVERY UNIT IN THE STATE WITH A CRITTER A KID MIGHT GET A CHANCE AT HAS HORRIBLE DRAW ODDS FOR YOUTH!!

New Mexico Game & Fish does not give a DAM about the future of Hunting, our youth, or anything other than the crybaby landowners that want more tags to sell to outfitters! There is more than one landowner that I have no doubt makes over $750,000.00/YR on bull and ES archery tags alone, not to mention cow tags. All the facts are on the website and we all know how much these tags are selling for. If you look it up yourself, don't forget there is more than one way for a landowner to obtain Elk tags.....

The NMGF has several honorable wardens, other than these few, the rest and the lawmakers are nothing more to me than a bunch of fun killin', children hatin', waste of skin SOB's!

"WIndage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

Fastgambler, you are right. Youth hunting is not a high priority in NM. There is at least some oppurtunity. My thoughts are it should be a higher priority.

Most youth hunts have very tough odds.

The unit 34 elk is already very tough to draw, but, 34 is considered a trophy unit (until they ruin it).

A youth should have the oppurtunity to hunt every year, if not in a trophy unit at least in some unit. Unit 34 is not a trophy deer unit. Deer tags should get cut back and a youth season should replace it. This may not be popular, but, it is way to easy to get a private land tag for deer. Its a freebie. Deer tags in 34 should be cut by 30% or more and 10% - 15% should be made youth tags.

If you feel so strongly about this then go to the meetings and express your concerns...

take care
Jason

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom