Game Processing

R

Rem308

What do you pay for wild game processing ?I had antelope done in Casper this last year and the cost was $78 per animal.It just surprised me as being fromMichigan ,I have my deer done for $40,that is when I don't do them myself.
They did a good job there in Casper,but I think they were alittle high priced.

That is what we paid too and about normal, supply and demand.
In NV I paid almost 100 bucks but that included Dry Ice so about the same out west I would think.

Brian

I paid $70 this year at "the Butcher shop" in Rock Springs.My brother paid $270 for a Elk at a different shop on our Elk hunt in Wyoming this year.We brought it in on a Wed. morning and asked if it could be ready by Friday evening,The lady working the counter said yes but they would have to charge a "Rush" fee.I was Pissed after starting to walk out she agreed to waive the rush fee.This was Mid November and talking to the the guys in the back they had cought up with the big rush already.I have been hunting out of state for 24 years and have never had a problem before.Most places especially Colorado they bend over back wards to work with you.

When we were down in 08. We didn't get are animals until later in the week(2-3 days before we were leaving)and got hit pretty hard for processing fees(rush orders). We payed around $150. My brother inlaw payed almost $300 , which include a cape off the face job that wasn't that good of a job. What do you do when you are in a rush. I retreaved my deer on the day we were leaving and deboned it out myself and packed it in dry ice for the 30hr drive home(Southern Ontario).

bake

I will probably debone and pack on dry ice also and head for Michigan.I get home and I can do my own butchring.I have a nice shop with grinder and everything I need.I do 3-5 deer every year.
I don't begrudge those processors to make all the money they can,but that is to high for me.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom