Game Proscessing

ELKMAN

I am going on a couple of cow elk hunts in Northern NM. We have used Payne Packing in Artesia in the passed, but I heard they are not taking wild game now.

What is the best meat processor around ABQ? It has been a while, since I have used one in BURQUE?

D&H Meats is kind of expensive but meticulously done! Eagle Rock I have good luck with also. If I hunt South Los/Belen or just cause he’s good guy Joe @ Jaramillo's most affordable and a hunter and great guy!

Eagle Rock Meat does a much better job than GV IMO. I used to use GV, but have been going to Eagle Rock for years now.

Does Eagle rock do summer sausage and brats like GV? I may have a bunch of whitetail to process next month. (Can we bring TX meat back for processing?)

Does Eagle rock do summer sausage and brats like GV? I may have a bunch of whitetail to process next month. (Can we bring TX meat back for processing?)
Not sure of brats. But their sausages are AMAZING. green chile breakfast, chorizo, summer. We used to go to GV, but Eagle Rock to me, is so much better. They cut meat for many of the restaurants in town, and once I dropped off meat, and the inspector was there. His words “as an inspector, I wouldn’t use anyone else”. We have been using them for a decade now.

Thanks for that comment - I called them and left a message regarding bringing in TX meat and doing brats. I'll update with what they say.

I am fortunate that my cousin is a meat cutter so I don't have to worry about going anywhere else. Has an entire set up in his garage. Plus, it's a good time to talk hunting and life while processing an animal and I don't have to worry about not getting all of my meat :)

Eagle Rock must be swamped as they have never answered their phone or called me back. I'm sure they're good but that I did get in touch with Old Fashioned Meats in Arrey (just south of T or C).

Chuy took a lot of time to answer my questions and I am looking forward to getting some green chile summer sausage and lots of brats with them the next time I drop off deer.

I snapped a pic of their flyer in case anyone is interested.

OldFashionedMeat.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom