Garmen Rhino and InReach

searcher

Is anyone using or have experience with either the Rhino 755T or 750 GPS Radio and also the Garmen InReach.

I bought an Oregon several years ago and have misplaced or lost it so I am looking to replace it. I am wondering if the Rhino is worth the money. I mainly use a GPS for marking my camping spots, trailheads, kill spots, etc. I was thinking that the Rhino feature of having the built in radio would be nice but the cost seems pretty steep.

I am also looking at the Garmen InReach (might not be the actual name but it allows you to text anyone on the globe). It makes sense to me to have this feature when you don't have cell service. Does this model Garmen function as a basic GPS with waypoints or is it just a communication tool. Cabelas has this model at half the price of the Rhino so I could in theory buy this and also buy a cheap GPS for less than the Rhino.

I appreciate any comments or feedback you can provide.

I do not have any info on the Rhino but I own the InReach. I use my phone app for my GPS as needed, but the InReach does have waypoints and maps built in. I haven't used it very much but looks decent. I really like the ability to text when I do not have phone service. I spend time in the Strip and remote areas in AZ where I do not have service for a few days, it is nice to check in and in the event of an emergency it would be great.

We use the Rino's exclusively, and some of our hunting group have upgraded to the 750's this year. Rhino's are invaluable for us. The real ticket will be when they integrate In-Reach satellite texting abilities into the the Rino. I'll be upgrading then for sure.

}}-SLIVER-->

I run a Delorme Inreach (made by garmin) and love it! I use it on all my scouting and backcountry trips and paired with an iPhone or similar it's awesome. The only down fall is the gps portion of it isn't that well as a stand alone gps but paired with my iPhone and Topo map app I can't see needing more. The Inreach is a game changer in my opinion being able to stay connect to family and have a emergency button Incase things go south. Hope this helps.

In the past I used a spot messenger but upgraded to the Delorme Inreach. Very nice being able to text friends and family and relieve texts as well.
I also have the rhino GPS with radio and it has performed well. The radio feature that shows you where your partner is at has been helpful. If I had to choose one out of the two choices I would go with the inreach.
Fatrooster

I use inReach and would echo what's been said. I would add it's not cheap if you want to txt much. I do like that It is a month to month scrip but I hunt from late August to January so it can add up. I would look into that before deciding.

YOU DON?T FIND WILLPOWER YOU FORGE IT?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom