Garmin Alpha GPS systems

I'm looking at a dog tracking GPS system for upland game hunting. Does anyone have any experience with the Garmin Alpha 100? I've got a German Wirehair Pointer and we hunt mostly chukar and pheasant. The ground we hunt pheasant on has waist high extremely thick cover. It's easy to loose track of a dog, especially when he's on point. Chukar country is classic chukar country. More than one time I've got about the cliffs while my dog has gone below and we didn't meet up at the end. If you have experience with the Alpha 100 do you feel it's worth spending the extra $ to go to the Alpha 200i? Are there any other systems you'd recommend?

Love my Alpha 100. My dog is rarely out without it on. In thick cover. You can see he is 50 feet to my south. He ranges out to about 100 to 114 yards. At last light I turn on his flasher on his collar. Being a Drahthaar he dark colored and very hard to see at dusk. When on point it beeps so I know. Best gun dog in Beaver makes a harness I wear it on my chest. It also doubles as another leash if I need one. The 200 looks a little thinner And a few new external buttons. But I am familiar with my 100 and see no reason to change to the 200.

Love my Alpha 100. My dog is rarely out without it on. In thick cover. You can see he is 50 feet to my south. He ranges out to about 100 to 114 yards. At last light I turn on his flasher on his collar. Being a Drahthaar he dark colored and very hard to see at dusk. When on point it beeps so I know. Best gun dog in Beaver makes a harness I wear it on my chest. It also doubles as another leash if I need one. The 200 looks a little thinner And a few new external buttons. But I am familiar with my 100 and see no reason to change to the 200.
Do you run the TT15 or TT15 mini collar on your Drahthaar?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom