Garmin Rhino 650

stillwaitin

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has use these or had much experience with them. I have an older Rhino and I works good, but thinking about upgrading so I can use the Huntmaps and have been mapping capabilities. So if anyone has thoughts I would love hear them.

I used one briefly this hunting season. The mapping works really we'll, and the touch screen is very responsive. Screen refreshes way fast compared to my rino 520. It is on my list of things for 2014.

}}-SLIVER-->

I hate the touch screen. Ever tried to use it with gloves on? Very difficult. The biggest deal breaker for me was the fact that they took away the option to scramble the radio communications.

If the radio doesn't matter to you and you don't mind taking your gloves off to do anything with the screen, they are great.

Not sure why highcountry has problems with gloves on. The screen is a pressure sensitive screen unlike the heat sensitive screens on cell phones. Mine works great with gloves on, although thicker gloves makes it difficult to accurately select an icon.

Picks up satellites fast and mapping capabilities are great.

Do you guys run a screen protector on yours? I just got the 650 and was thinking of throwing one on.

}}-SLIVER-->

>Not sure why highcountry has problems
>with gloves on. The screen
>is a pressure sensitive screen
>unlike the heat sensitive screens
>on cell phones. Mine works
>great with gloves on, although
>thicker gloves makes it difficult
>to accurately select an icon.
>
>
>Picks up satellites fast and mapping
>capabilities are great.

Maybe it's the gloves I own? Still don't like it. I could probably deal with the screen if they would make it so you could scramble the radio. Until that happens I am going to stick with my old 530.

>>Not sure why highcountry has problems
>>with gloves on. The screen
>>is a pressure sensitive screen
>>unlike the heat sensitive screens
>>on cell phones. Mine works
>>great with gloves on, although
>>thicker gloves makes it difficult
>>to accurately select an icon.
>>
>>
>>Picks up satellites fast and mapping
>>capabilities are great.
>
>
>Maybe it's the gloves I own?
>Still don't like it. I
>could probably deal with the
>screen if they would make
>it so you could scramble
>the radio. Until that happens
>I am going to stick
>with my old 530.

It may be the gloves. With thin gloves it works fine, but the thicker insulated ones....not so well.

I have a screen protector on mine and it doesn't affect the screen sensitivity.

I like mine, mainly for the mapping. The radio isn't near as strong as previous radios I've owned. No radio reception=no pinging thus you can't find your partner.

I bought a 650 and a 610 for when I hunt with my father, or my wife. The best feature is the mapping but I believe the Oregon series has that feature also.

I'm going to use my work issued one more next year. I had it with me for 19 days last summer but they bought the model with the rechargable battery, and no DC charger, just AC. I couldn't charge it. Next year I'll carry my battery pack that takes AAs. I like it better anyways.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom