Garmin Xero A1 Bow Sight

Gar_G

Does anyone have opinions, reviews, or recommendations on this sight?
Interested to hear how well this actually works--and any takes folks have on the ethics of this sort of technology put to use on a bow as well.

I’m not too familiar with the reliability or ease of their use. If it’s important to you, just know any animal taken with the use of that sight cannot be entered into B&C or P&Y, as it violates the rules of fair chase. If that doesn’t matter, than rock on!

Bought one this summer and used it extensively during practice sessions. I'm a new gadget lover and a techie, but, it was just too different of sight for me. 30 years of ranging then using pins for the shot made for a tough routine to change. So, I sold it after 30 days of use. My mind wanted me to know the distance before I drew my bow and I just couldn't get there mentally. I may try again next year. Some guys love it and have had great success.

I've thought about it but didn't know about the fair chase and this site. Also I don't know how it would stand up to dropping your bow or the thick oak brush and mansanita in AZ?

I bought the Garmin A1i at Sportsmans to try it out for a few months over the summer and ended up selling it for a $400 loss on ebay. It's definitely a neat concept, but no matter how many times I went and practiced I could not get consistent accuracy with it at 50+ yards and continued to get worse the further you shot. Also had a friend who bought the A1 and his accuracy was very inconsistent as well. Worst part with them is when you thought it was sighted in you would go back out a few weeks later and a few of the ranges were still good, but others were totally off. I did this for 4-5 months thinking it was my form, or just something new but glad I finally decided to sell it.

The introduction of the Garmin A1 was the thing that nudged me to eventually sell off all of my compound gear and go to shooting the recurve only. It made me think "what is it that I want from my archery experience?"

I shot a black bear at 17 yards last year (my first year shooting a recurve!). I also had a perfect 20 yard broadside shot at an elk, but spooked before I could could draw back. Thank you Garmin A1!

The introduction of the Garmin A1 was the thing that nudged me to eventually sell off all of my compound gear and go to shooting the recurve only. It made me think "what is it that I want from my archery experience?"

I shot a black bear at 17 yards last year (my first year shooting a recurve!). I also had a perfect 20 yard broadside shot at an elk, but spooked before I could could draw back. Thank you Garmin A1!
Congrats

Gar-G,
I did quite a bit of research on the Garmin v/s the Burris Oracle. I ended up buying the Burris mainly because it had no glass to break. In western big game hunting from the ground it's not matter of if you're you're going to drop or bang your bow on something but when. I did a tree stand field test hunt for whitetails with it in early season of 2020. When I drew back on a doe at last light the pin brightness was so bright It totally washed out my sight picture. I ended up selling it. They have corrected that with their newer model this year making the brightness level adjustable. My point is that if you buy the Garmin or the Oracle just know that there may well be some kinks or flaws that you want to know about before you draw back on an animal that could be a hunt of a lifetime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom