Garson Road Access

Nvhuntrr

Has anybody been able to access Garson road since they have started doing dirt work to develop 1200 homes from the fire station all the way up on the flat? This is one of my favorite areas to hunt/explore/enjoy in Nevada and it’s a shame that it is being developed.
FD751FD8-705E-437B-87BA-D3CBE90AC529.jpeg

I thought they were allowing access around the construction.
Unfortunate part from what I'm hearing rifle hunting in 194 / 196 is about to be short lived.

I doubt they can close that road.
It is public access and goes to the radio tower and Hunter Lake area.
There was a big rifle tag reduction this year in 194 /196.

I doubt they can close that road.
It is public access and goes to the radio tower and Hunter Lake area.
There was a big rifle tag reduction this year in 194 /196.
I know there is a no trespassing sign by the fire station that the developer put up and the whole lower part of the road is private…it would baffle me if an easement of some sort of wasn’t required. But the whole lower part of Garson road as we know it doesn’t exist anymore, it has been graded and widened and there are single wide construction trailers all the way up on the flat.

0C460A1E-D4D0-4841-A809-D347298EE2AC.png

I have not actually been out there since all that construction started. Used to also be able to access all that area from Mayberry Drive not anymore. The other ways in would be off of the Pine Bluff Hills or up Bronco Creek from Hirschdale.
Both of those would be a long way around.
Did they put in a new bridge just passed the fire station?

I have not actually been out there since all that construction started. Used to also be able to access all that area from Mayberry Drive not anymore. The other ways in would be off of the Pine Bluff Hills or up Bronco Creek from Hirschdale.
Both of those would be a long way around.
Did they put in a new bridge just passed the fire station?
Yea there is a new bridge, they have been using some heavy equipment all up the road. The old road which was maybe 20’ wide and rocky is now probably 40’ wide and graded with berms, they are going to pave it all the way to the first switchback in the future.

so sad !!!! 194/6 is over
the flume bike trail in south end of the unit has run the deer out of the basin
I was out hiking this spring and saw the new trail wrapping around the entire base of the hills where all the deer winter. Looks like a cool trail but it's definitely going to push deer away. I've never had thoughts of hunting this unit as the odds are ridiculous. I'm sure the deer will adapt. There's tons of country in that unit.

All the Californians those houses are for will shut the hunting down within a couple years of moving there. They will say its too dangerous for the walkers and users of the trail. Rinse and repeat, they do it everywhere they go.

All the Californians those houses are for will shut the hunting down within a couple years of moving there. They will say its too dangerous for the walkers and users of the trail. Rinse and repeat, they do it everywhere they go.
Yes they do, they bring that liberal garbage right with them, it an infection.

anybody seen the new power line work going on in 192 (right at bow season)
clear creek is done too
Truckee/Martis camp/clear creek is the same cali developer and same cali contractors nocking out deer country from Carson to Truckee to verdi how do we stop it BHA wants nothing to do with it

anybody seen the new power line work going on in 192 (right at bow season)
clear creek is done too
Truckee/Martis camp/clear creek is the same cali developer and same cali contractors nocking out deer country from Carson to Truckee to verdi how do we stop it BHA wants nothing to do with it
Where exactly?

It’s still open. We passed through there yesterday while scouting the area. The signs say no trespassing except for access to wilderness area, please stay on main road.

Last edited:

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom