Gas price lowered again

sageadvice

Long Time Member
What's gas doing where you live. Here in Chester, it dropped 20 cents a gallon this week. Last month, it was $4.89, then a couple weeks ago it dropped to $4.79, then today i paid $4.59, all at the same place here in town.

That's all good news but anybody got the skinny on what's going on with this trend? Any hope of gas getting back down to $3. a gallon?

Joey

I wouldn't count on it getting down to $3 a gallon, Joey. They've got us right where they want us. They are simply teasing us and making us think we are getting a good deal on fuel now that it is 30 cents cheaper a gallon. I hope it gets back down to where it should be but I really think we won't see under $4 until we start supplying it ourselves (United States).

Steve

I am paying $4.99 for diesel in Oakdale. It's been that way for about 3 months now. We will never see gas or diesel under $4.00 unless something catastrophic happens.

hntreric, Thanks bud, but that's not what i was hoping to hear!! lol

Our little mountian resort community has really took a downward turn in vacationers this year. There's lots of speculation going around why business is down but most put at least some of the blame on the high price of fuel.

IMO, If government wants to see the economy rebound, they had best find a way to get the fuel prices down.

Joey

CNN Pros say it an supply and Mexico for the last 25 dollar drop!
Next big drop is going to come because of a global economic slowdown and China no longer going to give it's citizens discounted fuel prices which in turn will cause them to consume less oil..
but the bad news is Iran and the end of Bush's last term and Israel being cut loose to bomb them next month and the "Straight of Hormuz" maybe being block by Iran's threat's of using Missles to do so!
(then we see "high gas" for about a week!).
pres Bush won't leave it Obuma Momma if the polls are out there in favor of the Pres Hopeful Bro!
going to get interesting next 8 weeks!
rm

don't forget the reformulated fuel that cost more to produce in the fall through winter is coming on line in mid Sept-March that's 15 cent increase! I just want gas to get down a buck which would be around $3.50/3.70 a gal! which at 120.00 a barrel of oil is right! but expert say are now saying 80.00/90.00 a barrel is soon coming in like the beginning in 09' which would be around 2.50 a gal ....I am wishing! but we will see... at lease I know it's just not me getting screwed and that makes it a easier pill to swallow. OIL right now is $125. a barrel..cnn
rm

Rackmaster says;
"expert say are now saying 80.00/90.00 a barrel is soon coming in like the beginning in 09' which would be around 2.50 a gal"

Wow!! That would be better than awsome but i'm like you, get it down and keep it down to near $3.50 a gallon and that would be huge!

Thanks for the positive report!!

Joey

Well, it ain't commin' down in Lone Pine! $4.69 today.

Our tourist community is suffering also, but there are sure a lot of Europeans!!!!

NATIONAL AVG $4.04 a gal I paided $4.24 yeasterday in Vacaville's COSTCO!
JACK

Sage
Sorry didn't mean to ruin your day. Unfortunatley these high fuel price are causing a lot of things to go up. Price of produce, dairy foods and other groceries have all gone up do to high price of fuel. I really don't think the goverment will step in to do anything do to "the deep pocket things" going on. All we can do is complain about it and hope someday the prices will go down

Eric

Susanville's diesel price had a large decrease this week!!!
$4.99 a gallon to $4.95, wow. Its fluctuated between those 2 prices for the month/6 weeks.

Well guys, at least it's going down, have faith Nickman, instead of the other way around...long live the trend!! lol

Eric, yep! fuel and food, a big part of what's left over after the bills go to fuel and food! i got nothin against profit, fact is i'm trying to make a profit myself. Comes a time when there is such a thing as too much profit, a rip-off! Could be, i'd like someone to do more than what Bush has, nothing, and check up on the Good ol Boys setting the profit margin on these crazy prices. No Worries mate! i'm kicking, they're all good days!

elkslayer, that's Susanville for you. I never know what to expect to pay over there, sometimes the price is way good, others, it's cheaper in Chester. $5. a gallon can sure put sour bite on a guys scouting quick enough though. From the looks of your hunt agenda this season, you're gonna be buying plenty of fuel...Good luck!!

Joey

$4.69 in Eureka, down a dime. Joey, you don't really have many places to choose from in Chester do you? I think there is a Chevron station there, but I can't remember any other stations in Chester.(on Hwy 36)

Eel

Eel, heck, we got 5 places these days; the Corner Store, Beacon Station, Buzz Mart, Chevron, and even one of those membership card no attendent places just outa town.

Now, if i needed a pair of decent boots, a box of .375 Winchester shells, a good rain coat in 5xl, or a date with a single girl that still has most of her teeth, i'd be plum outa luck! lol

I'm starting to get the idea that teeth are over rated! lol

NOTE!!!
Big trout fishing tournament on Almanor Aug 2nd. The Make a Wish Foundation, Fish for a Wish Trout Tourny. Last year there was about 50-60 guys entered but only a couple kids for the junior divison. Lots of people showed for the weigh-in and festivities. Great time, Good Cause, Super Folks! Hosted by Big Cove Resort, talk to AJ, $50. + $15 for big fish. I won first in the tourny and big fish, year before last. No money, not the point, but some really great prizes.

Anybody interested could PM me for more info.

Joey

There's a station in Stockton that is advertising $3.89 a gallon for reg. We'll see how long that will last. To bad my truck is a diesel. I did pay $4.89 a gallon this morning first time in about 3-4 months. The price is dropping, but is really that much of a good thing? We still pay way to much and the fat bastards are getting more and more richer. Face it they got by the you know whats and they are taking full advantage of it. Definately going to put a damper on the hunting season for some.

$4.04 in Ceres this morning, only bad part is I still have to drive to Rancho Murieta every day. 85mi each way :-(

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Sage, my schedule is kinda hectic but the Nv goat scouting will mostly be from a quad. The airline ticket to Alberta only went up $57.00 apiece from first week on May until last week. Not too bad.

Thanks guys for all the great reports!!

Elkslayer, i agree! It really don't matter much anyway. If a guy has a good tag in his pocket, he's gonna at least get there! lol Good luck!

Another dime came off the price of a gallon of gas today here in Chester. That puts Regular at $4.49 I guess it don't sound like much of a drop all together but considering all the dime drops since i posted this origional thread, i'm spending about $8. a tank less. 2-3 tanks a week, that adds up quick.

Joey

elkslyer.. where a good camp ground for my son's antelope zone 4 area that has small trout for fishing also?
leaving to scout 11 am friday for 2 days..
thanks jack

Damn RACK, didn't see this til late Fri. Just off of the Termo-Grasshopper Rd. A few miles in from 395 and about a mile on your left. Can't even remember the name. You'll see green on your left and water running. By the time you see it you'll be past the dirt road. I've fly fished it just after the ice melts and took the kids there once bait fishing. They plant it for the ospreys.

I saw a Surburban Wed that had white paint on the window saying not to buy gas in Susanville!! Got theirs in Reno, $3.86 a gallon. I laughed. The message was funny and they had it parked so passing traffic could read it.

do not buy gas in Susanville...its around $4.58 a a gallon!
Reno was the only way to go...
Redding was better also AND $3.96, McCloud was $4.36..
everywhere was around $4.11 in bay area!
saw a few nice buck antelope but on PP! Will go back up
in a few weeks or even next weekend to scout eastern side!
rack

Rackmaster, There is a road between Madelin(sp) and Adin. Not sure if it's in zone 4 or not, it's not 5, but last time through there i overnighted on Ash creek several miles back toward 395 from Adin. Was better than expected trout fishing in the creek. i caught dinner in about ten casts, one nice brown about 16" & couple smaller native looking rainbows, panther martin. I've also seen lopes in that country, it's off the beaten path. If it's in 4, might be worth you taking a look see.

Joey

Went to Reno yesterday. 30+ gallons in the diesel @ $4.53 and 20 gallons of regular in jerry cans @ $3.83. The savings in gas added up to $22.00+, enough to pay for the trip, Except for the stop @ Cabela's.

Gas here in the Sacramento area can now be had for under $4.00 per gallon. Filled up yesterday at Costco for $3.97. Had to go to San Luis Obispo today to get the son's college housing taken care of, and gas at the Costco in San Luis was $4.25, and that was cheaper than most other places down there.

Califelkslayer,
Where in Reno, I have been going to Safeway on McCarran for diesel. Going down tommorrow and wanted to see if it was cheaper somewhere else. Can't afford it here in Truckee, gotta fuel up on the Reno trips.
Also, do you post over on Refuge Forums under another name?

theres other forums?
refu what?
sounds like a waterfowl thingy!
just kidding! I think most here look at those other guys....however this is by far the best one for deer hunting and bull chitting I post on others some times... but do not want to say where and who....
but you were not asking me!!
oil broke 120.00 for late Sept futures..
rm

Yeah Rackmaster or .257 Magnum,whichever you prefer, there are other sites out there. Tons of good info too.

Litch, Sorry I didn't get back to you before your Reno trip. The $4.53 diesel a week ago was @ Baldinis in Sparks. Sierra Sids is usually cheap too. Diesel went from $4.99 2 weeks ago to $4.79 here in Susanville, probably cheaper in Reno too.

NO, I only frequent this site. Used to hunt the heII out of the Valley refuges in the Seventies and Eighties, I killed many a honker on the NE Kali refuges from 92-2002. 100 duck and 30+ honker years regularly. Was getting old and fat so now I persue chukar like heroin addicts chase heroin, full time-non stop.

Diesel at $3.89 in North Phoenix yesterday. 1/4 mile away it was $4.29. Last fill up I did was in Flagstaff last week at $4.79. It's really moving around.

Litch said;
"$4.29 in Reno today at Sierra Sids for Diesel, but $5.25 in Truckee."

No doubt about it, some gas store owners are holding out for as much as they can for as long as they can. We really need, from what i've read we have been getting, less demand. That would bring the fuel prices down even more. Tough sell to tell people not to drive their own rigs but when the price was up near or over $5./ gal, people did just that on their own.

Gas in Chester has been down another nickle to $4.45/gal but that's been a week or more now, we're due for more good news at the pump.

Joey

Drove by the local fuel gett'n place in paradise,..diesel is now $4.29.99..down $.70 a gal., makes you think your get'n a deal as your get'n reamed.......
Mike

$4.39 up here in the stix. Might be as low as it gets, there's news of possible gas price hikes to offset what? storm in the gulf of Mexico??

Aside from hunting, save fuel where you can folks. The only thing, we can control in the near future, that will bring gas prices down further is a low demand for the product!

Joey

Hey guys! Not sure how the weather in the Gulf of Mexico is going to effect gas prices but here in Chester Ca of North Eastern Kali it's down to $4.24/gal.

Glad to see it lower than when this thread first started @ $4.89 At least when it was high, i was using gas to get to jobs that paid $$$. Now, heck with work, i'll be fueling up 3-4 tanks a week just to hunt.

Joey

I am pissed that oil is down to a $100.00(down 40%)a barrel and gas is where its at (has not changed for 2 weeks here1)! seems like it should be down around $3.20 a gallon for gas...I don't care about diesel!
rm

>I am pissed that oil is
>down to a $100.00(down 40%)a
>barrel and gas is where
>its at (has not changed
>for 2 weeks here1)! seems
>like it should be down
>around $3.20 a gallon for
>gas...I don't care about diesel!
>
>rm
Not bust'n your chops,..but you should care about diesel..the world runs on it, it's price is directly tied to almost everything.
Mike

mod700, There you go starting trouble again!
Just kidding!!!!lol
Both you guy's make good points... but i'm running gas in my rigs so... it's the price i watch the most.

Rackmaster said;
"oil is down to a $100.00(down 40%)a barrel"

Ok, who we gotta go pay a social call to? That too really pissed me off! Everybody has right to profit, but us little gas guzzlers, my friends, are getting screwed big time!!!

Joey

$4.09 in Chester Ca...and we got to be about the highest around. Almost gotta like it, lots better than +$5.

What is the price you guys are paying out there???

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-08 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]We're stuck on $4.15 in Eureka. If oil dropped to $50 a barrel we will drop to $4.09.

Eel

Edit: Does anybody know the price on Hwy.80 going through Nevada?

Eel, about a week ago going through Nevada on 80 it was about 3.50-3.60, the only place that was really high was Elko!

CABugle

Steve the Wiz ought to be back from his Deer and lope Wyoming hunt anyday now. I gotta ask him about his thoughts on the stock market.

He said about gas prices, "I hope it gets back down to where it should be but I really think we won't see under $4 until we start supplying it ourselves (United States)."

Now, i'm not making fun of the Wiz, not at all. I think a lot of us have been happily surprised watching the price come back down to earth... and who'da thunk it was gonna come down this far, this fast? Not me!

Gas price in our price inflated little N. Eastern Mountain Community of Chester, Ca.; $3.69 gal

Eel, take er easy man. I know it hurts, just gotta take it like a man buddy! lol

Joey

Diesal $ 3.11 this morning.I leave for Colorado in 2 weeks i hope it goes to $3.00.When i drew the tag in June and started planning the trip i thought i'd have to pay between $ 4-5 a gallon.It should save me about $400 in fuel.

I paid $3.17 today in Eureka! I almost passed out!:)

Put a little money aside, I think the "low" prices are temporary.

I was in Ruth over the weekend. $4.89. I didn't buy any!

Eel

WOW $ 4.89 thats criminal.I went to my daughters basketball game tonight and diesal was $ 2.99 at the A.M. P.M.

"$2.63 A GALLON GASOLINE ALL COSTCO's HERE IN San Jose, Ca!"
rm

Jeez, we are getting ripped off. I can't believe it costs near a buck a gallon to transport gas to some smaller towns.

Paid $3.49 in Chester today and felt pretty good about it until i heard on tv that oil was $63. a barrel and the price Rackmaster paid above.

Joey

Geez, I heard it $2.39 in OK. Cheapest that I saw here in So. Cal. (High Desert) was $2.78. Still too expensive... Americans still need to pursue alternative methods so we can tell OPEC to shove it!

Congrats to all the California hunters that did and didn't get their buck this season. All in all, some darn nice bucks came in. My take was that not as many bucks got taken but some of those that were, were dandies!

Gas dropped $.20 a gallon here today down to $3.29

Joey

Paid $2.89 in Oakdale yesterday, but dielsel is still around $3.33 a gallon. Isn't kind of amazing how everything is going up in cost, housing has crashed, our economy is in turmoil and finally gas prices have dropped.

costco $2.399 A GAL gasoline waited 11 min in line!
I was empty low fuel light on all day and filled for less than 60 bucks!
rm

B zone deer season is over. It's too late!:) All my Brant and duck hunting is only 5 miles from home!

Eel

Kinda weird but the town of Greenville is only 20 or so miles away yet their gas prices always seem to be way lower than Chesters.

While doing a job today down there, i noticed $2.89 for reg. I topped off both tanks!

Joey

i was out running around today and saw Diesel for $2.86.It seemed like such a deal i stopped and put $20 in.

Joey asked In the opening thread statement;
"Any hope of gas getting back down to $3. a gallon?"

Well Boy's(and those girls out there that may often read these threads but don't or haven't yet gotten around to post)gas is now $2.99 in Chester. Big Deal Huh? lol

Works for me!

Joey

Saw it down to $2.71 at a station in Arcata today and paid $2.48 at Costco two in Eureka two days ago. Under $70 to fill the chevy.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

At the IG station it's $2.85. Oh....That would be "Indian Gas" on the reservation here in the Owens Valley.

My nephew says it's $2.49 in Colorado.

Glad to see you back Nickman and the report you gave of your area was nice to see as well. Sounds like you been real busy, Great!

Take em! if he moves, take em again!!

Joey

$2.22 today...............however saudi arabia cut output almost 990k b. aday so but up to 3 bucks again soon!
rm

Thought I'd bring this one back up. $2.53 for diesel and $2.49 for regular in Susanville, still a rip-off. Our local newspaper and radio started comparing our prices to Quincy about 4-5 weeks ago. Overnight the prices went down $.60 a gallon. Quincey is like our sister, same distance from metro areas. Still pays to go to Reno and fill up.

Califelkslayer, You guys finally got down close to where you should be. Long time there, it was cheaper to get gas here in Chester. You must have some greedy/needy vendors over there yet they finally caved in to getting in line when the word got out. Glad to see it!

Our gas prices here in Chester has continued to slowly lower. We're at $2.59/ gal unleaded. Everybody is talking about how glad they are that their gas costs have come back down.

Now if we could get the food prices at our local market, that were quickly inflated when the fuel prices rose, back to normal as well, the fuel prices have lowered, we'd be really happy. ;-)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom