Gas station, services near Hope?

nmwapiti

Will be down that way for the Jan bow hunt and was wondering if there is a gas station and maybe a cafe in this area or is Artesia the nearest place to refuel, etc.

I am not positive, but, I think there are limited services. Closest gas would be Mayhill or Artesia I think.

There used to be a station on the west end of Hope, but the last time I tried to get gas there (about a year ago), it was closed down. I think I would be filling up in Artesia and take a couple extra five-gallon cans with you in case you need it to make it make back. The last time my needle was below "E" @ 1:00 a.m. and I still consider it to be some kind of God-given miracle that I made it to Artesia... ;-)

Yes I think the station in Hope is shut down. Your best bet is mayhill and artesia. Good luck on your hunt.

--PJ

Thanks for the info, fellow MMers. I will be taking some extra gas for sure. Heading down on Thursday to get situated. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I am pretty sure the old gas station in hope still sells burritos, snacks and drinks, however; they don't sell any gas.

Good luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom