gates unlocked

littlebull209338

Just read where the High Lonesome Ranch in De Beque CO just lost their appeal to keep public access to BLM lands in that area. John Martin ( a good friend & county commissioner) said that there needs to be a lot of work to be done on the roads and infrastructure before the public will be given access. The ranch vowing an appeal.

Whoohoo!! But huh?? High lonesome has been using the roads, but they need to update them before giving us access?

I sure hope this sticks this time. Nothing better than seeing high lonesome forking over money into a loss. Other than finally having that gate open and access back!

I appreciate the position taken by Martin, but totally disagree with the idea we have to be good neighbors. I have never once had a positive interaction with the ranch, nor has anyone I know. They have tried twice to chase us off public land threatening to call the Sherriff and CPW on us. They are a disgrace, and it is sickening that they have been allowed to do this for this long.

I really say screw them, they have ruined my day more than once and have kept an entire generation off the mountain.

Well John's approach is "talk softly and make that stick you carrying work"... Just as easy to get what we want and be nice and be more effective than be nasty and get our "pound of flesh". I assume his eyes are on future dealings with that appeal possibility. I totally agree High Lonesome has been a total pain the ass for everyone in that area....including myself on occasion.

I kinda get the feeling that the county road boss & the BLM got to look at that road situation and thought if they opened it now that there would be a lot of people that would try and go as far as they could just to see what had been locked up for so long. As you know that bentonite , shale and clay is pretty easy to get stuck in. Been there done that a few times in that area.....slick mother bear when wet ! Thanks for going up and checking it out...glad "better minds prevailed"...my wife swears every time I took her with me...we got stuck. MAKES IT MORE FUN !

HL

35D183CB-12F9-49F1-9F85-909973324308.jpeg

B1211EB7-5C62-41B5-BE07-84180EAEAA15.jpeg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom