Gators?

I really like my Yukon Kuiu gaiters. Not too pricey, have performed excellent. Looks like they're a very similar style to the outdoor research ones Bean mentioned as well, with the ones he recommended being a little lower in price even

I hate gators! Walked up on one with about two feet of head while crossing a flooded road while turkey hunting in FL. Stared into his eyes , crouched over, about two feet away.. guess he was too tripped out by headlamp beam to eat me!

Lucky for us Colorado hunters they are usually hibernating by later hunting seasons. You?ll see it spelled both ways, not sure which one is right.

Hasbean

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-19 AT 05:45PM (MST)[p]Live in California and I use gators to keep the hot summer burrs off my pants. I'm real happy with the pair I bought years ago at Bass Pro (or Cabelas) don't remember which one for sure.

And they're cheap!

Camo fire has had Sitka gaiters on and off last few weeks.

I have kenetrek, which are great except the top strap which is horrible

"I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

I have had the kenetreks and the sitkas. Prefer the kenetreks. Be sure to try on what you buy if you can. Different sizes can make or break it. Hoss, I know what your talking about with the top strap. I finally got to inspecting the little cam buckle doohicky and found a little nipple of plastic left from manufacturing. Used the file on my Leatherman to get rid of it and problem solved.

Have ORs that got me through 2 weeks in Alaska. Work great, but it'd be nice if somebody made some without velcro. Not sure if somebody does or not, but that would be my only gripe, too loud.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-19 AT 10:50AM (MST)[p]I have been using the Kings Camo Weather Pro gaiters for the last few seasons. Very quiet Tricot fabric, with waterproof membrane. I like the fact that they both heavy-duty YKK zippers, and the velcro closure. I hate boot lace hooks, and these have a fold over strap with a snap which never comes off.

Worth checking out. Their more expensive model does not have the zipper.

I'm always trying to figure out strategies to loose weight/bulk in my pack. Gators are on my definitely don't haul around list! If you have decent boots plus rain pants you don't need them! I don't even use them in the winter. I wear taller boots (Lowa Tibets) with rain pants and never have wet feet or legs....even in snow!

I always used the Outdoor Research ones until this fall. I tried the Kuiu Yukons this fall. I don’t think they’re as durable as the OR ones, but they are much quieter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom