Gen Season Elk Purchase Fun

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
I haven't bought a General Season Elk tag in years. After some run-ins with elk last fall while just camping, and having kids that couldn't get enough of it, I decided I'd purchase a tag this year and we'll try our luck.

Let the fun begin! Logged in this morning at 7:55am to find tags were not unlimited as I had thought. I was 6570th in the "Queue". Luckily, I was able to just let that auto-refresh page sit on my extra computer screen while working... all day. Finally, at 1:20pm, the page changed and I was in. Took me 90 seconds to get the tag. There were 3100 left of the 17500.

I hope the actual hunt is that much fun!! I'm just going to be happy to take cold morning walks with a rifle on my shoulder, daughter in tow.

I was in the 7000s around 8, sat in the queue until about 10:30 and got down to the 4000s, finally just went to the local grocery store and bought one in about 10 minutes. Sure glad there was an alternative option. Good luck this fall!

Hey BR!

Not to sound Like a Broken Record!

I Guess there'd Be Advantages to Living in the Sticks!

I Spaced The Sale Of Worthless Elk Tags off until about 3:00 PM This Afternoon!

Walked in to Our Local Convenience Store & in Less than 3 Minutes I Was Walking Back Out With Permit in Hand!

They Were Going Quick Though!

I Seen BIGJOHN'S Dog Trainer & BS'ED Him for a Couple of Minutes before I Walked in to the Store!

He'd Just Walked Out With His Permit & The Gal Told Him there Was only 2,000 Permits Left!

I Walk in 2 Minutes Later & There was Only 1,500 Permits Left!

Never Even Had To Get On My Flip Phone!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom