General Clarks Comments on Senator McCaine...

Probally out of line, Gen. Clark is a liberal ass with high asspirations.
ismith
48461bbc1c983664.jpg

If you take Gen. Clark's comments in context to the conversation he was right on and in no way disrespectful of McCain. he's a Gen. and a career military man, bronze stars,purple heart, 4 legion of merrits, 2 distinguished service and on and on, the guy is as close to an Audie Murphy as is alive today. he's not going to run a fellow soldier into the ground for a political position he hasn't even been offered, and any idiot would have known there would be a backlash, and he's no idiot, he didn't say it that way.

This is a bunch of crap for no reason other than to try to damage Obama and get Gen Clark off Obama's VP list. McCain doesn't want a superior officer with a superior record to trump his military experience this fall.

politics as usual, now it's Obama's turn to play the race card.

For anyone to compare Gen. Clark's medals and awards to that received by Audie Murphy is about as assine as you can get.
Any vet that served in a war zone can tell you that a lot of high ranking officers received medals that were not justified. Officers used the system to promote their records while climbing the ladder of advancement by having other officers putting them in for the medals and they returned the favor. It looked good on their record for advancement in rank.
A lot of those medals would never have been approved for a enlisted man because they lacked merit for the action preformed to be awarded the medal.
Audie Murphy earned his medals the hard old fasion way by putting his life on the line far above the call of duty.
Just about everyone is familiar with the actions Audie Murphy preformed to earn his medals, to even think of comparing Clark's awards to Murphy's needs some serious facts to support he was a hero. Most of those awards mentioned by our favorite military wannabe expert are also given out for meritorus service and have nothing to do with being a hero.

RELH

There was an interview with Clark, I presume, on National Public Radio yesterday. The woman reporter questionned him hard on his disparagement of McCain's level of military experience. Basically, my take, Clark says that McCain's experience was as a low level grunt so is largely irrelevant as background for being president of the united states. Well, that is a propostion -- right or wrong. The reporter, however, reminded Clark that he had made great importance out of John Kerry's military experience in the previous presidential campaign and demanded to know why the low level grunt experience of Kerry was note worthy and key information in evaluating Kerry's worthiness to lead the world's greatest military power on earth but was irrelevant when it came to John McCain. She questioned him hard on this and Clark had no persuasive answer on this point. What a puke.

Now, as to the question -- statement about Kerry notwithstanding -- is experience as a naval aviator flying combat missions for the United States relevant experience for applying for the job of commander in chief? I say HEII YES!!! What friggin' idiot would deny that?!!!! I say you take this guy and paste his face right up next to Obama and lay into Obama's credibility as a result of this turkey making these ridiculous statements.

RELH as usual you make no point.

I said Clark was as close to an Audie Murphy as about anyone alive today, I didn't say he was one. as to your crap about Clark being handed medals because he had rank shows your ignorance, being shot 4 times by VC with an AK-47 and still managing to lead your division to victory in the battle is a pretty in your face way of being handed a medal. and even if he was handed medals why are his any less honorable than a republican soldiers? maybe you're saying they're all bums who didn't earn them? every medal ever awarded to any person has the same meaning unless you question and investigate every last one in the same mannor. ALL our armed service members who earned medals deserve our respect regaurdless of their political affiliation, the disrespect I hear around here far exceeds any answer to a poorly phrased question Clark may have given.

Just like Kerry if Clark was a republican he'd be a hero superdeluxe, you guys are too simple and predictable. this will blow over because there's nothing to it.

It will only "blow over" in the has been media. McCain won't, and shouldn't, let this go. Biggest difference I see in McCain and Clark is McCain has NEVER assailed a fellow vets record, Clark has. CLark has been little more than a left wing hack ever since Clinton put at the fore front of the military. I have not, nor will I question Clarks service while in uniform, but I DO and WILL question his partisan attacks, his waffling on the war on terror, and how Kerry's record somehow made him 'fit' to be Commander in Chief, but McCain's doesn't. Clark is a 'true' politican, and that is sad. Spin it all you want, but Clark INTENDED to put a bad light on McCains cred, at the behest of Obama.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

And no matter what party kerry were to side with, ANYONE who throws his medals away and calls his fellow servicemen murders/rapists/baby killers will NEVER be considered a hero by me!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Why don't you quote what Clark said , IN CONTEXT.

Lets see where the unimaginable devestation of McCains record is according to you. I haven't heard or read it so please enlighten me.

>Why don't you quote what Clark
>said , IN CONTEXT.
>
> Lets see where the unimaginable
>devestation of McCains record is
>according to you. I haven't
>heard or read it so
>please enlighten me.

If you haven't heard or read it why are you defending it? Good gawd!

Who said anything about "unimaginable devestation"? Talk about hyperbole. Clark tried, but failed, too make light of McCains service. I am not the biggest McCain supporter, but tactics like this fire me and MANY Americans up. With likely low conservative voter turn out, Obama would be best advised to let this group stay on the sidelines. Spin away!

PRO

Enough already, just post the actual quote in context to the question and lets see where the offensive statement is. I've read it all and it sounds like sound answers to poorly asked questions to me. no disrepect, just no sugar coating.

Lets hear it, and explain why you find it offensive .

Dude;
I made my point, your spin on your HERO is so far out in left field that you almost bordered on a out right falsehood. To state that Clark is almost a hero as Murphy as is alive today is pure left wing bullcrap that you are famous for spouting.
You left out a lot of living vets that have more medals for being a hero then clark up to and including the Medal Of Honor.
But since they are not of your liberal bent wrist ways and are not attacking your second worst enemy, Bush is your first, you just left them out while spinning your two faced bullcrap.
You better lay off that fifth you mentioned in a earlier post, that firewater is effecting your judgement.

RELH

Clark is a political wiesel with his nose way up Husien Obama's butt.
What Ismith said.

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

So none of you will post and point out the offensive statements, it's because you know you'd look like idiots claiming it was as bad as you're whining about it being.

Post and explain or shut up and quit playing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. pathetic

Let's hear it, now.

Dude,
Here ya go.....

"Clark, a military adviser for Sen. Barack Obama, questioned Sunday whether McCain's military experience qualified him to be commander in chief."
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/30/clark.mccain/index.html?iref=newssearch

In the interview, Clark said McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee, was "untested and untried."

"Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president," Clark said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/29/clark.mccain/index.html

So what are Clarks true feelings on Obama's qualifications?
ismith

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Dude it has already been pointed out to you yet you refuse to ackowledge it.
Again what ismith said

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

Dude the only one here that looks like an idiot is YOU! Your comparison of clark is outrageous.

Anyone see a double standard? When clark talked about kerry for president he praised him as a great military man and said that his military experience would make him a great commander in chief. That was kerry who had limited military experience and came home and turned his back on the military as well as his comrades.

Then you have mccain. On his worst day his military experiences TRUMPS kerry's.

This is nothing more than partisan politics. Nice to see it is blowing up in clark's and obama's face. The average american is smarter than the average lib gives them credit for.

In "Face the Nation" interview, Clark says McCain hasn't "ordered the bombs to fall"

Personally, I rather have a leader that was actually dropping the bombs than one that just ordered them dropped. Such a leader would realize the full gravity of such an order.
ismith

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Oh and one more thing dude,
http://www.audiemurphy.com/awards.htm
Audie Murphy received the Medal of Honor, the DSM( for extraordinary heroism), two Silver Stars, Legion of Merit, two bronze stars( one for valor), and two purple hearts.(I didnt include campain ribbions, unit or french awards) All in three years of combat. So your comparison of him to Clark is way, way off base. I am happy to here that youve heard of him before though.
ismith

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Had to chime in here. Clark is nothing more than alot of the upper chain who have received "medals" for nothing more than to chest thump. I mean what would a general be if he had no colorful ribbons and trinkets on his blouse?
I would have to say that there are many more soldiers alive that have exhibited levels of heroism that compare to Mr. Murphy's. Not at all taking away from his actions. But to put Wes Clark in a light next to a front line battle hardened, been in it type of servic member is plain crap!
He was trying to cast shadow and doubt on McCain period. Divide and Conquer is it not the way to win any battle in politics. I say elect Obama, Im tired of arguing about stuff. Elect him and lets get to fightin. I would never trust anyone like Obama, I think he's a liar, a coward, a muslim extremist sympathyzer and over all sell out of the American people, the country and our history!
Clark is a maggot. And yes I have served, many years and I vote so I am allowed to biotch and complain. Thanks $.02
Bugler

Clark isa good military man and so was McCain that isn't the real focus here, though your running down of Clark for no valid reason shown not only shows your partisan ignorance but a lack of class.

So where is the offensive statement from Clark? spell it out I don't see it give me the specific place in the diolog where your heart broke and I'll try to understand your position. all I see is a throw back of the question he was asked with a no in it. oh my god, burn him at the stake you weenies.

Clark's response makes perfect sense in context and was not out of line, nor disrespectful. what part of being shot down is a qualification for being president? is it or not? and did he pull that out of thin air was is posed to him? this is such a nothing story I'm sick of even acknowledging your drivel about it, if McCain is so weak he's this protective of his miltary history he's a dead duck anyway and the election will finish him off.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-08 AT 09:12PM (MST)[p]Not that I really give an elk sized turd of care about your misguided brief attempt of trying to assert yourself as anything but a whining liberal, but for one, lack of class best illustrates Clark period. I call it like I see it and have seen it very well in many years in the military and have found nothing in Clarks resume that states anything to the contrary.
McCains stand for his nation, his country men, the flag "our symbol of freedom, sacrifice and honor," and many other reasons is why the man is a much better candidate for the office than Osama I mean Obama. I could care less what color or gender a human being is I for one would have voted Colin Powell had he run. But Obama is a sham and so is Wes Clark. Yes he was shot down does it make him better for pres. Nope not that. If your too blind to figure it out I have nothing else to say. I get tired of whining crying gimme this gimme that liberal pukes. Ever served ? When, Where, unit, Bat. And dont get me wrong Im not a party man either I dont vote along party lines. But im calling BS on this cat and his bought general as well!
Callin me low class don't stick to me sweety. Got more class in my old rope saddle than any Liberal puke votin for Nobama.

Boy you're a tough guy , I'm pretty intimidated but I'll try to hold it together.

Why don't you post the excact words Clark used in context and lets debate the part that was so out of line in your opinion. none of you will because taken in context you look petty and childish and you know it, yet you'll tear down a man for the words he didn't say while waving the flag at the same time. pathetic, this is getting boring all you guys want to do is whine but refuse to make your case. until one of you is willing to do that you can pat each other on the fanny and trash Clark . I'll just consider the source, it all pays the same to me anyway.

dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on.

PRO

Very well said Pro, and my new signature!
This statement summs up every single post and thread that Dude has ever made. Excellent!

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

It's easy to se you're not going to debate the actual words Clark used, so we're done here. I'd love to take any one of you or all 3 stooges at once on in a neutral setting to debate this , but that's not going to happen so whatever.

A buddy up the road it having a big drunk & BBQ and sporting clays shoot ( shooting comes first ) at his place so I gotta go and let you love birds squawk about us evil America and gun hating libs. if I get anything out of arguing with you clowns it's knowing how good of people my friends are. everything is based on comparison they say, and you guys make even the crazy town street preacher seem like a rational fair minded guy. thanks

dude, I'll take you up on that debate offer! How about we do it down in Arizona after your elk hunt? It would be worth every dime it would cost in fuel just to make you look silly live and in person. What do you say? Or, are you like Obama and all MOUTH?

PRO

I haven't decided if I'm going down or donate the tag yet but if I do I'd like that.

Only problem is Obama will already be president by then and McCain will be watching Matlock reruns so what difference will it make? so just for grins why don't you just prove your point that Clark really did trash McCain now and we'll rehash it in AZ if I'm there.

To be honest I'm thinking I'll probably donate the tag to the hunt of a lifetime program, one of our members here told me I could do that. I've taken a book bull and enough raghorns to fill semi so one more isn't going to make or break me. if a dying kid can have a hunt on me I think that's probably more important, the republican in me says to hell with the kid it's my tag but the bleeding heart liberal in me says let the poor kid experience a little joy in the time he has left, it would mean a whole lot more to him than to me.

There isn't a liberal bone in my body and I donated a tag to that organization a few years ago....so we don't really need you to blow smoke up your own ass....donate it if you want. You can do it without the insults.

JB

Gee, to make an insult around here would be a real crime wouldn't it?

I'm not askng for a pat on the back I was telling him why I may not be there to argue in person with an insult thrown in for good measure. you of all people should know how being an ass works, you had to throw in an insult and you were'nt even involved in the conversation.

Anything not to put Clark's words down right here and define his offense. whatever it takes to avoid showing how Clark's comments taken in context are nothing to be upset about.

This story has no legs and you know it, that's why it's dead everywhere except here.

Dude,
Seems to me that you got your hat handed to you in this thread. Might be wise to fold your tent, fade into the sunset, and wait for a more favorable topic to expound on.

I may have been out numbered but I wasn't out done, none of you will debate what Clark said you just attack Clark, Kerry, Myself and I'm sure Clinton had to be in there somewhere.

That isn't the way a true debate works , that's what kids do on the playground. why don't you post the parts of the Clark interview verbatim that you find offensive ? let's decide if it truly was a captiol offense.

You as well as the others know it wasn't so back to the personal crap we'll go. pretty weak but very predictable.

dude, we already 'debated' the Clark comments. You LOST, you just don't know it. What good would it do to do it again? I love debates, but when you live in denial and hate, it isn't much of a challenge. I accepted your challenge to a live debate, now you are finding excuses to get out of it, wonder why.

PRO

I see this crap is still ongoing. Sorry Had to be in the beautiful white mountains of Arizona this past weekend still beautful no thanks in part to the Liberal masses of EVIROMENTALISTS. Must be friends of the dude.
The part that offended me when Clark was talking # 1 was him talking. Sorry cheap shot there. But he was pretty condescending when speaking of McCain "riding in a fighter plane." I dont equate actually being involved in combat missions "Riding." like riding around in a humvee with a driver something im sure Wes Clark has never ever done. not in combat not in peace time right. Oh well. It was condescending because of his support of dippy do the muslim hero, all around agent of change. Change allright. Hey dude Im all for it the sooner we can get the party started around here the better off we will be.
"Apathy. The reason for the fall of all great civilizations."
Do I think that just because a person served in the military means he or she is qualified for the presidency. "No." and I dont think that is what others think either. But when compared with the young untested, unrepentant, unfaithful,underhanded, and straight up LIAR I think McCain is the better choice. Just my worthless two cents in your huge pile of political scat. Good luck on your elk hunt. I hear those Oregon bulls are huge.
Mebbe you oughta give up huntin and get into official politics. Sounds like you'd be good at it. You never did answer my question about serving in the military. Did you. Or do you like to let your women do your fighting dude?

Why not just look at the interview and decide for yourself?

Just FYI Gen. Clark was shot 4 times while serving in Vietnam, he commanded an infantry company in combat.

Now the case he is making about Obama can be and probably is nothing but a political rant but that doesn't take away from Gen. Clark's military service.

The most offensive thing he says in the interview is that he like Hillary Clinton.

There are so many real issues about Obama that sucks on why worry about what Gen. Clark said?

Nemont

All,
As a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I have a standard I choose to live by. I put my life on the line so that anyone in this country could say anything they choose. That being said, I think they need to be ready to face the heat when it comes. McCain, Clark and Kerry all earned the right to point out their views on military matters. Kerry chose to give his up, but he still earned it. McCain suffered horrendoous atrocities as a POW... PERIOD! Clark is a highly decorated General (Ret, but General none the less). His comments hurt many vets and families of POWs, but they were still his comments and he had the right to say them. I protected that right and plan to do it again soon.

In contrast, Obama has his rights because we (the US fighting men and women) gave them to him. He can say whatever he wants, but should be ready to face the heat when he does.

For the individual who seems to not be able to figure out hyper-links - click on the link and read the text that comes up on the box in front of you. The last time I checked while earning my Master's Degree, a sources is required to be sited and the reader is expected to be able to read it for themselves.

Proud Vet Signing Off,

DC

Thanks Nemont, a little common sense, we may not always agree but you're always fair.

Bugle at least you'll post a line , nobody else would. so you're saying the word " ridden " is condesending right? I might agree since McCain was a pilot, BUT Clark didn't choose that word he responded back with the same discription he was given. Sheiffer said " ridden in a fighter plane " and all Clark did was throw it back with " I dont think it's a requirement for being president " Clark even said he respected McCains service and McCain was a hero to him, this coming from a decorated superior officer, but not a peep about that from any of you. if you have another point I'd like to go over that as well.

As far as elk hunting goes Oregon is a quantity state not quality, a few decent bulls but not many, I've probably taken 25 Oregon bulls and one Utah bull, my Utah bull made the book and my Oregon bulls were 300 and under so do the math. your remark about anyone not having fought in the military being a weenie is childish, your president went AWOL and never saw combat and your VP has seen as much military service as I have so you're a little out of line. if they can run the country and the military I can live here.

OK ill meet you in the middle. FTR Bush has sold us out on a lot of things "I believe." I just think Obama is a worse sell out. I like McCain because i know he doesnt have a problem bucking party lines to vote on what he thinks is the best for the people of the country. I dont like straight partisanship in politics it betrays us all. Whatever side of the fence.
Sorry I dont know what hyperlinks are,so please excuse my computer skills, i work outside 99% of my day and dont get to use em much.
And I appologize about the ORegon Bulls comment my blood is red and gets a little hot. I hope you have a good hunt or a kid at hunts of a lifetime or make a wish does. Good luck.
Bugler

Bugler,
The hyper-link comment was intended to ask Dude to stop the "nobody will post" line of comments...

I try to keep my comments civil on here, but I get tired of repetitive nonsense and sometimes add in a little sarcasm...

Cheers,

DC

Bugler was the only one who did post a quote and take a stand, the rest of you just made general whine and snivel remarks but wouldn't be specific. luckless do you have a specific part of Clark's interview you want to cover or just leave it as " it's bad " and keep whining?

Bugler you seem like a rational guy, dispite what the cry babys on here say we're not that different . I don't care for Obama or McCain, but that doesn't have anything to do with Clark in this matter. Clark is a man who deserves to be taken for the words he actually said in context, not what the drama queens say he said. I hate Jesse Jackson style fainting spell over reactions, and this is excactly what Clark had pulled on him. I'd feel the same if it were anyone.

Amazingly, I was the one who said Clark had earned his right to say what he said...

I just simply disagreed with his entire premise. Although, I do see that he was simply answering a question as asked...

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom