General draw odds?

tmbr_hntr

Anyone know where to find them? Easy to find the LE odds, but I don't see the odds for the combos anywhere on the F&G site.

Anyone know where to find them? Easy to find the LE odds, but I don't see the odds for the combos anywhere on the F&G site.
My odds as a NR are 100% and OTC for elk and deer...hope this helps you. Have had NR tags every year in Montana since 2001.

I have both. Toprut does not list what I am asking about. I was able to find some info somewhere else, but it was not very complete.

20221130_193825.jpg

Can buy a preference point right now, then another in April during the draw. That would put you in good shape to draw

Or go in with zero and also good odds with $200 extra in your pocket.

Or go in with one point and make a nice donation to Montana

If I was a NR applying in Montana, I would do a ton of research. Especially on mule deer and the health of the deer here. Good luck. mtmuley

I would keep my eyes on the winter in Montana this year. It’s started out as one of the worst ones in history. If it finishes strong it’s gonna wipe the slate clean on the deer, especially on the eastern side of the state.

Buzz takes advantage. mtmuley
...of stupid Republican legislation.

Dumb legislation typically allows for folks to take advantage of it, and I have since it passed. Have had MT NR tags either deer and or elk for 22/22 years. Honestly, I deserve the cheap OTC NR tags.

Past 4 seasons...

318DAD99-607F-4971-9DDF-5B22431AA3BA.jpg

IMG_20201124_142220179.jpg

23901.jpg

39542.jpg

My best $64 NR deer before they raised the price on me to half of what non-native NR's pay:

mtwt03.jpg

My best $80 NR elk:

IMG_3294.jpg

Last edited:
i been trying to get my wife to do the come back home to hunt but she doesnt really care. Her parents have 20,000 acres in eastern MT which includes all what they own and lease. I have hunted it a few times. seen some really good bucks but them big bucks know how to hide in the cedars

Last edited:
i been trying to get my wife to do the come back home to hunt but she doesnt really care. Her parents have 20,000 acres in eastern MT which includes all what they own and lease. I have hunted it a few times. seen some really good bucks but them big bucks know how to hide in the cedars
Landowner sponsored tags are your huckleberry...

If it were up to me that law would have never passed. I bet I was the only NR to testify against it.

I think the one fee was a good idea.
It was just crazy how may special discount tags were available and all with a different discount. I would have liked to have gotten rid of the majority of them, but that was not going to happen. Setting the price at half price for all of them was something all of us on the committee could get behind.

Landowner sponsored tags are your huckleberry...

only part i dont like is the 5 plus hour drive which is hard to fit in with my work schedule. I found it easier to hunt closer to home for same class of bucks. Plus on the ranch a few of my hunting buddies came and tagged out, my wifes family you can add 8-10 hunters and they let a group of 6 people from Minnesota that hunt every year. Problem with the minnesota hunters is they shoot what ever they see from the truck.

i need @beech18 to tag along since he kinda knows them. I can have him scout and i can drive up and do a quick hunt. In return @beech18 could get full hunting access. What do you think @beech18 ? something we could pull off in a few years, for 2023 i got a party of 3 other guys hunting closer to home if we draw with a average of 2 points

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom