General Elk

Soccerdude

I am now a Wyo resident. I drew a very southern big horn range tag in 2020 first choice. It was a tough hunt. I am going to apply for a lower draw odds area (better elk hunting i am sure) but starting to look at back up general areas in case I don't draw (odds against me). Mainly looking at 12, 15, 21 for the proximity of where I live. If anyone has any input love to hear it. PMs are fine too. Thanks.

I am now a Wyo resident. I drew a very southern big horn range tag in 2020 first choice. It was a tough hunt. I am going to apply for a lower draw odds area (better elk hunting i am sure) but starting to look at back up general areas in case I don't draw (odds against me). Mainly looking at 12, 15, 21 for the proximity of where I live. If anyone has any input love to hear it. PMs are fine too. Thanks.
If you think you had a tough hunt in the Bighorns I think you’ll quickly learn what that term really means if you hunt 12, 15 and 21. The Bighorns are arguably the premiere Elk hunting spot in all the West. Going shoulder to shoulder on a crowded General License area with hardly any bulls on public surviving past 3 y.o. is what you’ll encounter in the Snowy/S.M. Though a few of the locals know how to make it work, it’s not even in the same league.

If you think you had a tough hunt in the Bighorns I think you’ll quickly learn what that term really means if you hunt 12, 15 and 21. The Bighorns are arguably the premiere Elk hunting spot in all the West. Going shoulder to shoulder on a crowded General License area with hardly any bulls on public surviving past 3 y.o. is what you’ll encounter in the Snowy/S.M. Though a few of the locals know how to make it work, it’s not even in the same league.
Southern Southern bighorns. .. unit 48 ..I hunted. Technically 2-4 units between 48 and say 45, 35 etc. Thanks.

Gotta love Wyoming. Put in for LQ and if you don't draw you still can have a great hunt in a general area. With long seasons go explore and hunt different areas. Once you find a good spot, learn it the best you can and return year after year. It took me a few years to find what I was looking for and I'm not as disappointed these days if I don't draw a LQ tag. Some places are more crowded than others. Good luck.

soccerdude,

I really think you made a mistake moving. You had it made here!!!! well at least for hunting

I don't know if you been paying attention to where you worked over here but some serious layoffs are happening. They cant balance a checkbook but yet they want to change their name. what would that cost??? plus they keep cutting programs that people actually like. its a crap show here

Gotta love Wyoming. Put in for LQ and if you don't draw you still can have a great hunt in a general area. With long seasons go explore and hunt different areas. Once you find a good spot, learn it the best you can and return year after year. It took me a few years to find what I was looking for and I'm not as disappointed these days if I don't draw a LQ tag. Some places are more crowded than others. Good luck.
That's the plan. Find a good general area and learn it like the back of my hand.

soccerdude,

I really think you made a mistake moving. You had it made here!!!! well at least for hunting

I don't know if you been paying attention to where you worked over here but some serious layoffs are happening. They cant balance a checkbook but yet they want to change their name. what would that cost??? plus they keep cutting programs that people actually like. its a crap show here

Yes I have heard....I am in a stable job now and no complaints. I enjoy the ski resort close and some good hunting nearby too. My wife still has an elk tag that's good until Jan 31st down here. We have come close but haven't sealed yet. 2021 will be fun!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom