General Elk

rpinelli

Any tips or starting points for general elk, it seems like the north and south slope are the best places to go.

What kind of range will the elk be at this time of the year? 9k and up?

I appreciate any insight as this will be my first elk hunt.

My experience with the general hunt for elk is when they see their first snow flake they head for lower ground/private. Good luck man! Hunting is hunting, get out and enjoy what the mountain has to offer.

Elk will be wherever elk will be. You are headed into an extremely hard hit area where the hunters outnumber the elk 10 to 1. Good luck. Hike a lot. If you think you're far enough away from a road to be into the elk... go another mile or two. DO NOT CALL. leave the bugle and cow calls at home. It will only serve to call in other hunters.

My experience with the general hunt for elk is when they see their first snow flake they head for lower ground/private. Good luck man! Hunting is hunting, get out and enjoy what the mountain has to offer.
You mean when they see Homer?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom