General season points

carterj16

How do the points for general season work in Montana. I drew last year for the combination so have 0 points. My friend from back east has 1 point and wants to do the general combo this year. If we put in together does Montana go lowest point like Colorado, or average like Wyoming? Sad that we never had to worry about points in Montana until this year.

They use the average number of preference points and will also consider any fraction from the calculation in the priority. So you in your example you would both have .5 points.

I had spoke to the state before applying for the preference point for the general combo tag last year. The general tags use preference points and the limited entry tags use bonus points. I was told that for the general combo tag that points would be rounded up to the nearest whole point. In your instance I would assume from what I was told that the two of you would actually go into the general draw with 1 preference point.

From MT FWP site in regards to preference points for general tags:

Up to 5 applicants may apply as a party. FWP shall use an average of the number of preference points accumulated by those applicants to determine the party's preference points. FWP shall consider any fraction that result from the calculation of an average when determining that priority.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom