generators

R

rost495

Wasn't there a thread on the best generators here a while back? I can't make the search engine find anything on generators much.

Can anyone help?

I need to snoop back on sleeping bags, boots, etc... too. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

On another subject-- anyone know where to find womens hip waders of a decent brand? Like Ankle fit LaCrosse etc...? All my bass pro shows is size 8. Wife is more like 6-7 in mens.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff;

I am familar with Honda generators, and they have a rep for good dependable service and quite operation. As for the waders, can not help you there unless you can see if Cabelas has what you need.
RELH

Honda has always had a good reputation for building one of the best generators.If I bought a new one it would be a honda.

Found a good deal @ a yard sale .A Honda EU 3000.Its quiet,enough power to run,a 25 FT.travel trailer,lights ,micro,charge batteries etc. and enough power to run my 135Amp Hobart mig welder...

star:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that generator?

KP

I have a Honda EU3000, works great! Bought it from a friend for $600 used. New there $1500 or so. I had a Honda EU2000, worked great, but couldn't run AC on my Artic Fox Trailer. Look on ebay for some good deals.

jeremy

Thanks for all the input. I'd thought that Yamaha had the best to offer from memory. But I know I can't go wrong with Honda. I'm sure that there are off brands that work super too.

Power wise. Lets start at top. Use it to power a bit of the house in an emergency. Lights for example. Not that big a deal in our small house with flourescent lights.

Then I have a 240 welder........ Thats wishful thinking.

Also have a 120 Mig. Thats probably workable.

Main thing though-- for mountain type hunting trips I just bought a slide in camper for the truck. And will use it for summer (HOT) coast fishing. SO run a small AC, Micro, some lights, maybe a fridge and odds and ends for sure.

I'd bet that 2500 to 3500 is about the right range?

PS I assume you got the note on GPS costs..... Have not reached Garmin by phone yet. Them and Pac Nor barrels.... each time I get phone time they are busy... PS got a good reply on going to Kodiak Island from your link to biggamehunting.

Jeff

I got the e-mail about the pricing on the GPS, It's about what I was thinking. I have your software ready to send just drop me a line when your ready for it. That 3500 is pretty common and should service about all your 120volt needs with-in reason. The 240 option will be limited. I doubt you would find much difference between a Honda and a Yamadog if you were to find a deal on one. I was thinking you might be looking at taking a chest freezer with you on your next trip to Alaska like many do for their game meat. They just toss one in the pick-up and run it with the gen-set. I hate to hear them running but at times ya gotta have it. I am currently developing a hardwood hammock island I have obtained here in the swamps of Florida that I am intending to use for wintering grounds as my bones grow older and weaker. The local power company gave me 2 miles of submersible high voltage cable under the agreement I pull it myself. Many pain staking days later with the assistance of a few airboats and swamp buggies and a rented dozer we got it done. Then the dinks decided they wanted to charge me a monthly minimum to keep my transformer hot. I told them they could shove there deal where the sun don't shine. I've now installed a self-tracking solar system that keeps me in a hot 60amp service most the time. Life off the grid is grand. And the silent power source don't spook the deer. I wish I'd been running phone cable instead, I'd love to get rid of this cell link for my internet connection. But now I'm gun-shy of tryin' to deal with greedy public utility companies for a while anyway. I been following the thread about the deer on Kodiak, the guy sounds like he knows what he is saying. I'd try and get a couple of waypoints out of him if he's willing. I always seem to be working on my trips to Kodiak but never took notice of much for obvious huntable back roads.
Best of luck to ya.

~Jeff~

Look at the Yamaha "inverters" - they are quieter & more fuel efficient. I have a 3000 and it runs everything on my toy box - AC & microwave included.

Hondas are the best with out a dought, we have several at work that bounce around in the back of trucks year round, never maintained or covered, and they always start first pull.

Thanks for all the quick input. Now to seek out a deal somewhere....

I've been so partial to Yamaha as their boat motors have absolutely always started on the first pull for me for years and years.

But I doubt I'll go wrong getting a Honda.

We'll see what we can find.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom