Get ready!

I was about to post this but you beat me too it. this is going to cause a crap storm in this forum....

It's a double edge sword for me.
Unlimited elk tags are a little harsh I think they should start out with 20,000 and see where it goes from there.
The success rate on general season bull elk is below 20% and It has been for years I really feel that won't change very much.
Do I think they will wipe out the elk herd? NO people are getting lazy more and more people are just driving around and hunting from the truck or Utv and Atv...
If this passes they need to get rid of the 3 season hunt in my opinion....
It's a dam good thing they didn't propose going unlimited on the spike hunt...

Unlimited elk tags are a little harsh I think they should start out with 20,000 and see where it goes from there.
The success rate on general season bull elk is below 20% and It has been for years I really feel that won't change very much.
Do I think they will wipe out the elk herd? NO people are getting lazy more and more people are just driving around and hunting from the truck or Utv and Atv...
I read that archery tag will be unlimited on spike and any bull units, with option to harvest cows. Was that always true?

I read that archery tag will be unlimited on spike and any bull units, with option to harvest cows. Was that always true?

This has been the case already for some time. Nothing new there.

I’m curious to see how many more people buy elk tags now. It might not be a huge increase. It might triple the number. I really don’t know. My guess is this is the first step to making the general elk season a draw opportunity, even though they stated it as the exact opposite. Take it to the extreme in the opposite direction and make everyone hate it, then you can control the narrative a few years down the road.

I read that archery tag will be unlimited on spike and any bull units, with option to harvest
gundog2 it’s not going to hurt our herds!the success rate is way low on archery that’s why it’s mine blowing why the archery hunt isn’t during the rut on general season any bull and LE but it is what it is.....

gundog2 it’s not going to hurt our herds!the success rate is way low on archery that’s why it’s mine blowing why the archery hunt isn’t during the rut on general season any bull and LE but it is what it is.....
And archery has been unlimited for a while on general season any bull but I don’t know if spike is...

I’m curious to see how many more people buy elk tags now. It might not be a huge increase. It might triple the number. I really don’t know. My guess is this is the first step to making the general elk season a draw opportunity, even though they stated it as the exact opposite. Take it to the extreme in the opposite direction and make everyone hate it, then you can control the narrative a few years down the road.
Everyone needs to understand that if it doesn’t go what they are proposing on the unlimited tags it will go to a draw...

?

If they get rid of the multi season tags (even though I selfishly like these for myself), that will help a ton. Make guys pick a season and go hunt. Separate the rifle and muzzy tag pools if needed, instead of having them all come out of the same pot.

Increase the total tag count a little (as long as they add in some of those extra areas to hunt), but don't go to unlimited.

These items will help with crowding and keep the quality of hunt similar (or maybe even better) to what it is now.

They want to go unlimited on the bull tags to make up for there deer tag cuts they have to do because there isn’t any deer. Gotta make up the money somewhere!!

I agree they won’t wipe out the herds in most areas the way they (most people) hunt. In others I do think it will hurt. I think they are relying on private lands to cushion some of that.Then you will also have knuckleheads wandering aimlessly screwing things up, thinking there will be a bull behind every bush cause tags are unlimited

I agree with raising the cap to 20,000 instead of going unlimited

I also agree with unlimited youth elk tags.

I also agree with the archery elk hunt running threw the youth hunt...

I’m glad they are trying to open more anybull units up it needs to happen especially if where adding tags...

Northern rac right going on right now. Hopefully more than 32 people watch so we can hold them accountable for what real sportsman want.

Recommend 20,000 general any bull elk tags with unlimited youth tags on top of the cap and 9 additional days for general any bull archery hunters. They supported the deer objective recommendation from the DWR. A lot of other information but I was mainly following for the unlimited bull recommendation item.

Recommend 20,000 general any bull elk tags with unlimited youth tags on top of the cap and 9 additional days for general any bull archery hunters. They supported the deer objective recommendation from the DWR. A lot of other information but I was mainly following for the unlimited bull recommendation item.
Do you think the multi season will go away?

Do you think the multi season will go away?
The multi season tags going away really didn't gain any traction in the central region rac meeting I watched. Not sure about the other regions. Only way it goes away in the short term is if the other region rac's come to the wildlife board meeting on Dec 3rd and strongly push for that, IMO.

No doubt these multi season tags have caused greater demand on the current general tag pools available in recent years.

I do not think the multi season elk tags are going anywhere. Three times the money for the DWR per tag out of the same tag quota. No brainer for them.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom