Get those browns at all costs!

BLooDTRaCKeR

Very Active Member
This dude ain’t too worried about stressing winter range animals as long as he gets what he’s losing sleep over.
Not sure if this is Utah but looks like he scooped up right before closure.

Damn maybe @BLooDTRaCKeR was right, just heard the buck beat up a doe, didn’t show up for work and got a DUI in the hayfield. All signs of stress.

Maybe shed hunting does bother them! That buck will never see public land again. He’s going away for 4 to 5 years. Which for a mule deer might as well be a life sentence.

So sad.

Whether this specific buck was stressed or not, its this type of pressure that makes states feel like restricting and regulating shed hunting...
I think the behavior that’s a big problem is when a group of people go out on the winter range when the snow is deep and they walk into every bedding, every feeding area and all trails between the two looking for random antlers. They run deer from one area to another, then go into that area looking for the random antler and push the deer again.
And when the group of people is 4, 5 or more, the deer really get run around a lot! And that’s not to mention the side by sides they’ll be using to drive every road they can on the winter range to access all the different spots they hit in a day.

The guys watching one specific buck, waiting for it to drop, then slipping in to grab the antlers and get out, aren’t the big problem. Those folks usually take extra care not to run the deer around. That would make it much more difficult to find the antlers.

What you need is a video of a group of dudes hiking all over the mountain all day long with deer scattering from all the bedding and feeding areas, then you’ll have something good to complain about and use as an example.
Whether it’s on YouTube or not has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people who don’t post video to YouTube or IG who go too far.

All we see is what he shows us and it doesn't appear he pushed deer around. He had camera(s) out, so no doubt hiked around. But if he's on private property it may not be an issue. But if you have 500 guys doing the same thing, well it all adds up.

I think the behavior that’s a big problem is when a group of people go out on the winter range when the snow is deep and they walk into every bedding, every feeding area and all trails between the two looking for random antlers. They run deer from one area to another, then go into that area looking for the random antler and push the deer again.
And when the group of people is 4, 5 or more, the deer really get run around a lot! And that’s not to mention the side by sides they’ll be using to drive every road they can on the winter range to access all the different spots they hit in a day.

The guys watching one specific buck, waiting for it to drop, then slipping in to grab the antlers and get out, aren’t the big problem. Those folks usually take extra care not to run the deer around. That would make it much more difficult to find the antlers.

What you need is a video of a group of dudes hiking all over the mountain all day long with deer scattering from all the bedding and feeding areas, then you’ll have something good to complain about and use as an example.
Whether it’s on YouTube or not has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people who don’t post video to YouTube or IG who go too far.
Well, I agree that one guy on one deer wouldn't be an issue... but what if 100 guys, or 1000 guys were doing the same thing? And usually that 100 or 1000 guys are watching multiple animals. So, states take action to prevent that (whether it helps or not is anyone's opinion). I think these guys are their own worst enemy... ??

Congratulations on a great set! It's awesome he was able to watch a deer like that without a bunch of other people around him. To the OP it did seem like the deer was pressured or stressed.

Nevada. Unless he just loves the state of NV, the patch on his "lid" is the state of NV.

If he would've said "crick" for a small river, it would've been You-tah.

For a little while I did both but gave up shed hunting because my spots were to popular. Didn’t want my other spot to be popular when I wasn’t there.

Shed hunting is beta material.

They take what's left after the alphas KILL bucks

Or in other words, shed hunters like sloppy seconds

Hey Hawkbill, your comment in general was funny but since you're referring to a specific young lady I believe you crossed the line. I don't know either of these individuals. She seems like a nice young lady and if I had a daughter I wouldn't take your comments as funny. I enjoy the humor on these forums but you can do better. Carry on.

This is all in good fun, and yes it is funny. Every woman is someones daughter…. Reminds me of that line in the movie The Hangover, “how can you go to a strip club! That is somebody’s daughter up there”

Hey Hawkbill, your comment in general was funny but since you're referring to a specific young lady I believe you crossed the line. I don't know either of these individuals. She seems like a nice young lady and if I had a daughter I wouldn't take your comments as funny. I enjoy the humor on these forums but you can do better. Carry on.
If you had a daughter, she’d be giving hummers too one day (unless you indoctrinate her with blasphemy and she goes gold star lesbian). This is just life. Dads can get upset but women will be women eventually.

In fact, that would be one hell of a woman if she does as hawkbill says. A shed for a blowjob? Keeper right there….

Noted Kevin

If you had a daughter, she’d be giving hummers too one day (unless you indoctrinate her with blasphemy and she goes gold star lesbian). This is just life. Dads can get upset but women will be women eventually.

In fact, that would be one hell of a woman if she does as hawkbill says. A shed for a blowjob? Keeper right there….
Justifying the comment (this is just life) or (women will be women) is BS.
She is a little younger than a women.

If it's video you want you should have asked me last year when it was open season. There are usually dozens of shed hunters down here especially on the weekends. Some will sneak onto private property. Many will ignore closed trails and there are enough folks crawling around to bump the deer like a pinball. Fortunately the alfalfa fields are often blown free of snow and ice so starvation isn't as big a problem for the deer smart enough to find their way to them.
This area is the perfect example of why shed season had to close and it should be this way every year.

Personally I don't get too excited about antlers unless they are still attached to a living animal.

This is all in good fun, and yes it is funny. Every woman is someones daughter…. Reminds me of that line in the movie The Hangover, “how can you go to a strip club! That is somebody’s daughter up there”
And we know Phil can stiff them out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom