Get to hunt coues deer !!

DidIDraw

I drew a late season unit 31 coues deer tag. This will be my first time hunting coues - very exciting. I struck out on all of the other draws and it was this one or nothing (would have been the first time in 20+ years without a hunting tag).

I've seen a few posts from the past that give some great information about coues on this unit but I would love any additional advice you'd be willing to share about coues, unit 31, hunting tactics, etc.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I have the same tag. I was so excited when I drew I have been waiting 8 years for a December tag, but then I realized that 31 is going to be crispy fried. The Frye fire is at almost 50k all of it in unit 31. I hope there are some deer left by December.

Is it burning key habitat? Feels like fire season could be horrible this year. Fingers crossed that the monsoons start up soon.

I would not worry too much. Once the monsoons really get started it will green up real fast and this is where you will find the animals. I put in for another unit that is currently on fire and I am not too worried. I just hope no structures are burned and nobody gets injured.

I took a class in the early 90's at ASU and it was about the history of fires in the south west. Professor was a guy by the name of Pyne. He believed the best thing for the forest and wildlife is a healthy fire.

Good hunting

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom