Getting closer to Gobbler Time

nmyotebuster

Evening Guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are for a general area ( not looking for anyone's honey holes ) to take my daughters out for their 1st turkey hunt this year. They both ( 9 and 11 ) got their Hunter's Safety this past year, and I am looking for an opportunity to put a bird in front of them. We got into some ducks this year, but as it was their first year behind the gun, the wing shooting is still a bit fast for them. I just want to keep them hooked and seeing game is the best "hook" there is.

Thanks in advance, this is one of, if not the best forum out there.

Thanks again,

NMYB

>Where in the state are you
>located? How far are
>you willing to travel?

I live dead center ( just about 18 miles south of Albuquerque ) and am willing to travel up to 3 hours'ish. I just want to give them a good opportunity, as I know they get frustrated sometimes when we hunt and don't see anything.

Here is a pic with their first rabbit.

DSC00463.jpg

And them a year back at their first duck hunt ( before they could carry a firearm)

buddies.jpg

Thanks again,

NMYB

I am getting ready to take my 8 year old and 11 year old on their first gobbler hunt here in Unit 34. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in this area. Would be glad to have you guys tag along.

A FEW YEARS AGO WAS DEER HUNTING NEAR WEED AND MAYHILL, THERE WAS TURKEY EVERYWHERE AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHERE I WILL TAKE MY KID WHEN HE GETS A LITTLE OLDER. MUST HAVE SEEN 100 BIRDS A DAY I THINK THAT IS A EASY ONE.RIGHT NOW IT'S TO FAR TO GO FOR ME!!!! GOOD LUCK HOPE THE LITTLE GUYS KILL OUT

>I am getting ready to take
>my 8 year old and
>11 year old on their
>first gobbler hunt here in
>Unit 34. Shoot me
>a PM if you are
>interested in this area.
>Would be glad to have
>you guys tag along.

I will shoot you a PM this afternoon.

You guys are great!!

NMYB

Thank you to EVERYONE for the pointers, you all really are the best.

If I can ever offer help to anyone, please let me know.

PMs returned

NM

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom