Getting started

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
What does everyone reccomend in doing to get started in Taxidermy? It seems like a tough trade to pick up with
not many people willing to help due to competion. Would you
reccomend video's/books? Which one's? How did everyone else get
started?
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

I would join a Taxidermy Association in your state. There are two DVDs Id recommend one is Rick Carter from Wasco taxidermy supply Company mounting a Whitetail deer and thee other is Tom Weickum doing a Mule Deer shoulder mount. You can also go on You Tube. Theres Taxidermy Net that you can join that has a lot of good info for beginners. I hope this will help you out. quest

I honestly think you have to have the god given talent to become a taxidermist. It's not something you can just learn how to do. There are plenty of guys out there that went to school to become taxis, but a real taxi is just a great artist in my opinion.

So if you're very artistic and creative, maybe you have what it takes. But there are several taxis that still draw stick figures and it shows in thier work.

Just something to think about

Ok, I think I am covered on the part. I don't think I will know for sure though until I complete a few mounts. What are the "must haves" for me to get started?
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom