Getting the Vaccine

DeerHunter53

Very Active Member
So I am scheduled to get the vaccine next week. Although I am a bit apprehensive I am really just glad to get this Covid thing behind me.
Now I can schedule fishing trips this summer get ready for hunting this fall and I don't have to look over my shoulder to see if someone is standing too close to you and coughing.
I'm thinking if I grow a third arm I could use it hunting and fishing. Two rods at once and the third hand free for my other rod....LOL

larrbo

Very Active Member
I registered my business yesterday for the vaccine because we are the next in line. We have been lucky to only have 5 covid cases out of 75 employees. We have never shutdown being in the food distribution and logistics business. I'm looking forward to getting the shot.

Gunnihunter

I got my first vaccine shot on the 12th from UC Health. The second shot appointment was scheduled 3 weeks to the day and at the same time. There was a line out the building, but it moved very quickly. UCHealth has it together. I had no adverse side effects. Not even a sore arm at the injection site. I’m looking forward to the second shot, unless the new administration screws things up with their program changes.

Blank

Very Active Member
I'm really afraid to risk it. If I grow a third eye in the middle of my forehead, I have to change all my scopes over to High rings!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DW

eelgrass

Long Time Member
My biggest fear is being herded like cattle into an enclosed room with a bunch of sick people. I could get a disease. I might lay low until the panic is over.

cbat

Do you really want to get a shot of something that has not been fully tested ? Why is it that the flu has been around forever but the vaccine is only 40 percent effective ? I am afraid that it will not be far in the future that the truth will be revealed.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Do you really want to get a shot of something that has not been fully tested ? Why is it that the flu has been around forever but the vaccine is only 40 percent effective ? I am afraid that it will not be far in the future that the truth will be revealed.
And....you still have to social distance and wear a mask for the next 6 months or so, so what's the hurry?

DeerHunter53

Very Active Member
90% effective and I don't know your age but I'll bet you have taken vaccines before, maybe the flu shot polio small pox
After the vaccine I'm going to travel home to see my family go fishing and hunting and not worry about who is next to me or if I want to be next to them.
I am sure if I grow that third arm I can put it to good use....Just sayin
Also I will be able to hug my kids and Grandkids Ahhhhh human touch again and them not be afraid

RookieWYhntr

If I were in my 70s for sure I'll take the vaccine. However, if I were in my 20s/30s getting ready to have kids then NO Effing way will I take the vaccine.

Btw, can you still get covid and spread it with the vaccine? Might want to look into that before visiting your children, grandkids. Just saying...

Reactions: DW

DW

Long Time Member
If I were in my 70s for sure I'll take the vaccine. However, if I were in my 20s/30s getting ready to have kids then NO Effing way will I take the vaccine.

Btw, can you still get covid and spread it with the vaccine? Might want to look into that before visiting your children, grandkids. Just saying...

Exactly! Fauci the great himself said the other day the vaccine lessens the symptoms. Huh? I remember when vaccines prevented things, not just made them bearable.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
They are saying probably but not enough is known at this point. Not enough studies have been done. That's why you still have to mask up and do the social distancing gig.

But there are a lot of opinions out there. Pick what you want to believe and you can find an expert out there who agrees with you.

Trix4me

Very Active Member
A good friend was in the crowd that thought it was all a joke “I’m tougher than nails. I’m not getting a shot.” He and his wife went on vacation over the holidays. When they got home they both got sicker and sicker......He is going to be buried tomorrow.. My wife said no shot for her! Yesterday she went and got one, today she feels great! I guess I’ll change my mind and get it too.