Getting the Vaccine

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
So I am scheduled to get the vaccine next week. Although I am a bit apprehensive I am really just glad to get this Covid thing behind me.
Now I can schedule fishing trips this summer get ready for hunting this fall and I don't have to look over my shoulder to see if someone is standing too close to you and coughing.
I'm thinking if I grow a third arm I could use it hunting and fishing. Two rods at once and the third hand free for my other rod....LOL

I registered my business yesterday for the vaccine because we are the next in line. We have been lucky to only have 5 covid cases out of 75 employees. We have never shutdown being in the food distribution and logistics business. I'm looking forward to getting the shot.

I got my first vaccine shot on the 12th from UC Health. The second shot appointment was scheduled 3 weeks to the day and at the same time. There was a line out the building, but it moved very quickly. UCHealth has it together. I had no adverse side effects. Not even a sore arm at the injection site. I’m looking forward to the second shot, unless the new administration screws things up with their program changes.

Do you really want to get a shot of something that has not been fully tested ? Why is it that the flu has been around forever but the vaccine is only 40 percent effective ? I am afraid that it will not be far in the future that the truth will be revealed.

Do you really want to get a shot of something that has not been fully tested ? Why is it that the flu has been around forever but the vaccine is only 40 percent effective ? I am afraid that it will not be far in the future that the truth will be revealed.
And....you still have to social distance and wear a mask for the next 6 months or so, so what's the hurry?

90% effective and I don't know your age but I'll bet you have taken vaccines before, maybe the flu shot polio small pox
After the vaccine I'm going to travel home to see my family go fishing and hunting and not worry about who is next to me or if I want to be next to them.
I am sure if I grow that third arm I can put it to good use....Just sayin
Also I will be able to hug my kids and Grandkids Ahhhhh human touch again and them not be afraid

If I were in my 70s for sure I'll take the vaccine. However, if I were in my 20s/30s getting ready to have kids then NO Effing way will I take the vaccine.

Btw, can you still get covid and spread it with the vaccine? Might want to look into that before visiting your children, grandkids. Just saying...

If I were in my 70s for sure I'll take the vaccine. However, if I were in my 20s/30s getting ready to have kids then NO Effing way will I take the vaccine.

Btw, can you still get covid and spread it with the vaccine? Might want to look into that before visiting your children, grandkids. Just saying...

Exactly! Fauci the great himself said the other day the vaccine lessens the symptoms. Huh? I remember when vaccines prevented things, not just made them bearable.

They are saying probably but not enough is known at this point. Not enough studies have been done. That's why you still have to mask up and do the social distancing gig.

But there are a lot of opinions out there. Pick what you want to believe and you can find an expert out there who agrees with you.

A good friend was in the crowd that thought it was all a joke “I’m tougher than nails. I’m not getting a shot.” He and his wife went on vacation over the holidays. When they got home they both got sicker and sicker......He is going to be buried tomorrow.. My wife said no shot for her! Yesterday she went and got one, today she feels great! I guess I’ll change my mind and get it too.

STATE OFFICIALS TELL COUNTIES TO ‘PAUSE’ ADMINISTRATION OF VACCINE LOT​

The California State Epidemiologist recommended to local health offices last night that they pause administration of a single lot of COVID-19 vaccines, after a disproportionate number of severe adverse reactions was reported at a vaccination clinic in San Diego.

State Officials Tell Counties to ‘Pause’ Administration of Vaccine Lot – Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com)

The governments guinea pigs.

This vaccine controversy is really weird. I’m on the fence until one of you makes the case you are retarded because you got vaccinated as a kid. :ROFLMAO:

I just wish I could get it if I wanted it.

Dh56, I live in Arizona and live in Wickenburg were we have a lot of cowboy snow birds.What I have seen in the stores is most all them do not wear masks.Now Wickenburg is very high on virus count and all of Arizona is very high on virus because our Governor does not inforce the mask rule.The reason my sister in law was the longest living heart transplant in Arizona for years was because she listened to her Dr. and always wore a mask in busy public areas and lived in the country.I make my decision's from common sense, not what the media says.I also make decisions from what the bible says.It clearly states that as long as it does not sin against God,christians are to follow the rules of the Government.

Dh56, I live in Arizona and live in Wickenburg were we have a lot of cowboy snow birds.What I have seen in the stores is most all them do not wear masks.Now Wickenburg is very high on virus count and all of Arizona is very high on virus because our Governor does not inforce the mask rule.The reason my sister in law was the longest living heart transplant in Arizona for years was because she listened to her Dr. and always wore a mask in busy public areas and lived in the country.I make my decision's from common sense, not what the media says.I also make decisions from what the bible says.It clearly states that as long as it does not sin against God,christians are to follow the rules of the Government.

I believe it also says to turn the other cheek, but he only gave us two and it doesn't really say what to do after that. Does it say what to do when our government goes completely off the rails?

I believe it also says to turn the other cheek, but he only gave us two and it doesn't really say what to do after that. Does it say what to do when our government goes completely off the rails?
It says nobody is in a position of power unless God put them there. So all these so called bible believing Trump supporters don't really believe they worship a man instead of God. Unless the Bible is wrong in Romans 13: 1-7. If the Bible is wrong then that would be God isn't infallible.

There are enough Manny's in the world.

Nemont

I'm scheduled for the vaccine tomorrow! I have a neighbor that says he refuses to take the vaccine! That's his choice but I can't help wonder how he'd feel if he gets the virus and kills a loved one when its possibly preventable? My daughter is a nurse and it angers me that she is put in the line of fire because of choices such as this! People please! If you refuse the vaccine and you do get the virus take it like a man! Don't go to a hospital and put our frontliners in harms way! Just stay home and live or die with your decision!

Nemont,I never said that I was a trump lover.You ass umed that.I did not think we had anybody to vote for the his year.Dw, I totally agree that our government is messed up right now on both left and right.I still do not see were there is a sign on the outside of a store saying mask required is against God.What I have heard about is the people in the stores without masks are the ones that being confrontational with the store owners.I have not said anything to people without masks.

I still do not see were there is a sign on the outside of a store saying mask required is against God.What I have heard about is the people in the stores without masks are the ones that being confrontational with the store owners.I have not said anything to people without masks.

I've only seen people hassel me when I'm maskless. I'm not confrontational about it, I just calmly state my position and either turn around or put a mask on. If masks were effective with so many people, in most places, currently wearing them, we shouldn't be reading about record high infection rates. I'm simply looking at it logically and adding things up. They aren't adding up. Governor Quomo suddenly thinks we need to open things up again. What happens tomorrow?

P.S. I don't believe the NG is in DC to off the pres either. The left has the market cornered on coocoo for cocoa puffs conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Dw,I do not know were you live, but in Arizona what I see and have heard from friends is way more people are not wearing masks then even last year.Perfect example,I just now got back from tractor supply store in Wickenburg to get dog food and at least half the people were not wearing Wickenburg had hardly no case's until all the snow bird cowboys came back.They are the ones I see that hardly ever were a mask.I am not judging them,I am just letting you know that your idea that more people are wearing masks is false (At least in Arizona)

Here in Ohio it has been required since last summer, and people do wear them in stores and they won't allow you in them if you don't and many voluntarily wear them when they walk down the street now. Our numbers have sky rocketed as well since last fall. Makes you wonder what is going on.

By the way my wife retired as an RN after 39 years right before this hit. She keeps in touch with her friends who are still there working. The ICU floor at her hospital was never near capacity to this day. I have a good friend who oversees a Cardiac floor at another local hospital. They had some cases but never reached capacity as well with Covid Victims, but we are at record positive cases.

Last edited:
Nemont,I never said that I was a trump lover.You ass umed that.I did not think we had anybody to vote for the his year.Dw, I totally agree that our government is messed up right now on both left and right.I still do not see were there is a sign on the outside of a store saying mask required is against God.What I have heard about is the people in the stores without masks are the ones that being confrontational with the store owners.I have not said anything to people without masks.
NA,

I wasn't directing that at you, if you felt I was I apologize. I was answering DW's questions. Sorry

Nemont

I live in CA and you are NOT walking in any grocery stores w/o a mask on. EVERYONE is wearing them and yet the numbers are going up bigly. I do however see many people picking up apples and putting them back down over and over again at the grocery stores.

Can't imagine what else these folks are picking up and putting back down. Nasty nasty folks out there.

So I am scheduled to get the vaccine next week. Although I am a bit apprehensive I am really just glad to get this Covid thing behind me.
Now I can schedule fishing trips this summer get ready for hunting this fall and I don't have to look over my shoulder to see if someone is standing too close to you and coughing.
I'm thinking if I grow a third arm I could use it hunting and fishing. Two rods at once and the third hand free for my other rod....LOL

I like that thinking.

Im still a ways off age wise, but i was VOLUNTOLD I WOULD be going to Hawaii this year, so ill be taking the needle. ?? I was looking forward to a third eye, my others are going to chit

I think we just went passed 1500 deaths from the virus in Utah. I've not yet heard of any deaths from the vaccination. I'll damned sure take when I can.

55 deaths from people taking the vaccine.

We just had 2 twins in town that apparently died from covid. They lived together. At work on dec.24th. Dead on Christmas. No autopsies performed. I find it weird twin brothers die same time and same day that live together. But hell they tested for covid and that came positive.

covid did not kill them over night......hopefully they did toxicology.....
No sir they didnt. Here is screen shot from the online paper. It makes no sense. One brother tested positive and the other was going to work. The whole story is just fishy

20210119_171612.jpg

"In a bid to encourage participation, Fire Chief Ralph M. Terrazas has resorted to offering prizes to those who get the shot. Vaccinated firefighters get entered into a raffle where the gifts include Canary home security cameras, Google Nest entertainment systems, Aventon fixed-gear bicycles and gift cards for Airbnb and Lyft."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"In a bid to encourage participation, Fire Chief Ralph M. Terrazas has resorted to offering prizes to those who get the shot. Vaccinated firefighters get entered into a raffle where the gifts include Canary home security cameras, Google Nest entertainment systems, Aventon fixed-gear bicycles and gift cards for Airbnb and Lyft."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If he offered a box of rifle bullets and a pound of powder (maybe throw in some primers), he'd probably get a better reaction.
I didn't even know what half that crap is that you just said he offered. haha

signed: Mr sheltered life

I'm not really that concerned about this whole covid BS and I never have been. if I get it I'll get over it I'm confident.

That said as soon as I can get a vaccine I will . because I feel it's my obligation to protect the vulnerable and to do whatever I can to end this ASAP so we can get back to normal .

Once the vaccine is available to everyone I could not possibly care less if those who are too cowardly or stupid to get it die in mass quantity. my only worry is the government tries to keep us shut down to protect those who refuse it. and I can imagine that happening in a good portion of the country.

so be a good order following subject and you and the government will be happy??....perfect.

Dw,I do not know were you live, but in Arizona what I see and have heard from friends is way more people are not wearing masks then even last year.Perfect example,I just now got back from tractor supply store in Wickenburg to get dog food and at least half the people were not wearing Wickenburg had hardly no case's until all the snow bird cowboys came back.They are the ones I see that hardly ever were a mask.I am not judging them,I am just letting you know that your idea that more people are wearing masks is false (At least in Arizona)
Cowboys don’t migrate in the winter! They drag there nuts through the snow and feed cattle. ( they might wanna be a cowboy, but we don’t migrate)

$20 mill to put it up, probably $10 mill to take it down. We built 3 of them along the front range. None of em ever saw a patient, or a Doctor.

$20 mill to put it up, probably $10 mill to take it down. We built 3 of them along the front range. None of em ever saw a patient, or a Doctor.

Sounds like several locations in California. Hell, we sent that Mercy ship back that Trump sent us after it treated 77, yes 77 patients.

Today they announced kids are going back to in person schooling here. There is still a high number of positive cases and they announced this on the day of the inauguration...... :unsure:

I'm already scheduling my summer fishing trips, just think the crowds are less right now on most of the boats because of social distancing so half the people on board. I have the vaccine so light loads good fishing no mask and kiss my butt to boot. I'm cured it's sooo easy. Unless your a sissy LOL

I’m in Hoss’s boat....wifey made an appointment for me with a palm tree. At least she’s taking me along this time.

I'm already scheduling my summer fishing trips, just think the crowds are less right now on most of the boats because of social distancing so half the people on board. I have the vaccine so light loads good fishing no mask and kiss my butt to boot. I'm cured it's sooo easy. Unless your a sissy LOL
Keep a mask in your tackle box. I don't think the government will let you off that easy.

Keep a mask in your tackle box. I don't think the government will let you off that easy.

And they still haven't said how long the vaccine is good for, and they don't know how long you're immune after getting the virus. Seein plenty of people gettin the Rona twice.

55 deaths from people taking the vaccine.

We just had 2 twins in town that apparently died from covid. They lived together. At work on dec.24th. Dead on Christmas. No autopsies performed. I find it weird twin brothers die same time and same day that live together. But hell they tested for covid and that came positive.
Where did you get the info about 55 deaths? I think I'm calling BS on that number.

Do a simple search. 23 died in Norway also. I assume they had some serious medical issues. But hey at least they can label it as another covid death..
In a statement, Pfizer said, “Pfizer and BioNTech are aware of reported deaths following administration of BNT162b2. We are working with NOMA to gather all the relevant information.

“Norwegian authorities have prioritized the immunization of residents in nursing homes, most of whom are very elderly with underlying medical conditions and some of whom are terminally ill. NOMA confirm the number of incidents so far is not alarming, and in line with expectations. All reported deaths will be thoroughly evaluated by NOMA to determine if these incidents are related to the vaccine. The Norwegian government will also consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients’ health into more consideration.

“Our immediate thoughts are with the bereaved families.”

“We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences and they occurred in very frail patients with very serious disease,” he emphasized. “We are now asking for doctors to continue with the vaccination, but to carry out extra evaluation of very sick people whose underlying condition might be aggravated by it.” This evaluation includes discussing the risks and benefits of vaccination with the patient and their families to decide whether or not vaccination is the best course.

More than 20,000 doses of the vaccine have been administered over the past few weeks in Norway and around 400 deaths normally occur among care home residents every week.

I got my jab yesterday, I was eligible because I am over 65.
It was a drive up vaccination clinic. People giving the shots were all bundled up out in the snow and cold giving shots.

It felt a little like taking my dog to the rabies clinic.

My wife didn't have any side effects , I just have a slightly sore arm.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but when I see a young friend (50) in excellent heath, contract "something" called covid-19 and die a few days later, I take serious f-ing notice.

Do I think the whole thing was political? No, but some of it most certainly was... but reality is that otherwise healthy people have died....of something.

Them's just the facts boys.

Yep, I'll get the shot when available.... I might want to end up in Nepal for Blue Sheep before Biden bans importation of critter parts... so I want to stay alive!!!!

Zeke

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but when I see a young friend (50) in excellent heath, contract "something" called covid-19 and die a few days later, I take serious f-ing notice.

Do I think the whole thing was political? No, but some of it most certainly was... but reality is that otherwise healthy people have died....of something.

Them's just the facts boys.

Yep, I'll get the shot when available.... I might want to end up in Nepal for Blue Sheep before Biden bans importation of critter parts... so I want to stay alive!!!!

Zeke
No doubt Zeke, sorry to hear about your friend.

Every winter season, people die of whatever flu strain is dominating that year as well. Also, as with COVID, it's especially hard on those who have vulnerabilities (not talking about your friend) but just pointing out in general.

Yeah, whatever is going around is killing a lot of old people. I hope there are some WWII vets still around after this.

We had a 57 year old guy die the other day of pneumonia, the youngest so far. He owned a Taco truck, so he will be sorely missed.

We had a 57 year old guy die the other day of pneumonia, the youngest so far. He owned a Taco truck, so he will be sorely missed.
And I don't wish it on anyone.

As many here already know, I've been dealing with COPD for many years now and have been on O2 24/7 for more than a decade. Last March, I went to the ER because of breathing difficulty. They kept me overnight and released me.

Two days later, my wife had to call 911 for a return trip. I subsequently spent 11 days in the hospital with severe pneumonia and many times, I coughed up lots of blood. Twice the doc wanted me to confirm I had signed a DNR order.

In all that time, I never once got out of bed unless someone helped me. So once the pneumonia was better, my body was kaput. My legs had become so weak, I couldn't even stand, much less walk. A shuttle service took me to a rehab facility where I spent another 10 days. While it helped some, I still couldn't walk more than a few steps after I got home, so I wound up renting a wheel chair, which I still have. At that point, I still needed help getting out of bed and off the toilet when I took a dump.

Fast forward to the present...I haven't been outside other than to step out the front door to get the mail since my hospital/rehab stay -- about nine months or so. The pneumonia did a job on my lungs where my breathing is a lot worse than it had been. Now, the slightest exertion causes me some distress.

Most importantly, at 79 yrs. old, if I were to contract Covid, I'd be a dead man. Obviously, I'm trying my best to avoid that just yet. :ROFLMAO: So I have mixed feelings about getting the vacine since I would have to venture away from home to do so.

And I don't wish it on anyone.

As many here already know, I've been dealing with COPD for many years now and have been on O2 24/7 for more than a decade. Last March, I went to the ER because of breathing difficulty. They kept me overnight and released me.

Two days later, my wife had to call 911 for a return trip. I subsequently spent 11 days in the hospital with severe pneumonia and many times, I coughed up lots of blood. Twice the doc wanted me to confirm I had signed a DNR order.

In all that time, I never once got out of bed unless someone helped me. So once the pneumonia was better, my body was kaput. My legs had become so weak, I couldn't even stand, much less walk. A shuttle service took me to a rehab facility where I spent another 10 days. While it helped some, I still couldn't walk more than a few steps after I got home, so I wound up renting a wheel chair, which I still have. At that point, I still needed help getting out of bed and off the toilet when I took a dump.

Fast forward to the present...I haven't been outside other than to step out the front door to get the mail since my hospital/rehab stay -- about nine months or so. The pneumonia did a job on my lungs where my breathing is a lot worse than it had been. Now, the slightest exertion causes me some distress.

Most importantly, at 79 yrs. old, if I were to contract Covid, I'd be a dead man. Obviously, I'm trying my best to avoid that just yet. :ROFLMAO: So I have mixed feelings about getting the vacine since I would have to venture away from home to do so.

I'd talk to your doctor before getting the vaccine. It has been known to kill people in your condition. Your best bet might be to lay low and steer clear of it.

I'd talk to your doctor before getting the vaccine. It has been known to kill people in your condition. Your best bet might be to lay low and steer clear of it.
Yup, I know that already. In fact, my pulmonolgist told me a few years ago to not even get the flu or pneumonia shots because of my compromised immune system. For "just in case" lung infections, I keep a couple of Z-pack regimens (azithromycin) on hand.

Before that latest bout with pneumonia, I had another that required several days in ICU a couple years ago, and the main thing, other than 50 years of smoking, that started the major lung issues was a case of MAC about 15 yrs, ago. MAC (mycobacterium avium complex) is a close relative of the tuberculous bug. In fact, they first thought it was TB, so my 9-day hospital stay was done in isolation. It left a really bad scar in my upper, left lung.

Last edited:
Wish we could get em to require a drug test for any government assistance.
Already been tried.

Also, who would be precluded from that test?

Farmers, ranchers, everyone that lives in a county, everyone that drives an interstate highway, everyone that gets a tax deduction, everyone that has a kid, the list goes on to include every U.S. Citizen...would need that drug test.

So mask use is at an all time high and required every where you go, and positive cases are at record levels.

Interesting :unsure:
Yep wearing a mask is all time high.
Apple valley Ca just had a big rally where you COULDN'T wear a mask. I wonder how that's going to work out in the area's they all start going back to the towns they live in.

I have already had so I know how bad it could be.
I will get the shots when it my turn.

OutdoorWriter I wish you and your family the best in these trying times. My father who just turned 88 just got the shot and said he did not Evan feel it, and no side effects.

OutdoorWriter I wish you and your family the best in these trying times. My father who just turned 88 just got the shot and said he did not Evan feel it, and no side effects.
But does he have severe COPD with a greatly compromised immune system because of ongoing steroid (prednisone) use to limit lung inflamation? The latter makes me more susceptable to every kind of ailment known to man. :ROFLMAO:

Yup, I know that already. In fact, my pulmonolgist told me a few years ago to not even get the flu or pneumonia shots because of my compromised immune system. For "just in case" lung infections, I keep a couple of Z-pack regimens (azithromycin) on hand.

Before that latest bout with pneumonia, I had another that required several days in ICU a couple years ago, and the main thing, other than 50 years of smoking, that started the major lung issues was a case of MAC about 15 yrs, ago. MAC (mycobacterium avium complex) is a close relative of the tuberculous bug. In fact, they first thought it was TB, so my 9-day hospital stay was done in isolation. It left a really bad scar in my upper, left lung.
My dad is 86, former 2 pack a day smoker, COPD also on O2- 24-7, cancer survivor, colostomy bag, 32% lung function. Over the last couple of years: Multiple hospital stays due to infections, pneumonia, etc etc. One stay in 2018 was 34 days.

He got the vaccine, both doses and never had a side affect. Everybody reacts differently.

Nemont

Last edited:
My dad is 86, former 2 pack a day smoker, COPD also on O2- 24-7, cancer survivor, colostomy bag, 32% lung function. Over the last couple of years: Multiple hospital stays due to infections, pneumonia, etc etc. One stay in 2018 was 34 days.

He got the vaccine, both doses and never had a side affect. Everybody reacts differently.

Nemont
Good to know, and I haven't completely ruled it out yet. Having been there, done that I can emphatize withyour dad.

Coincidentally, I'm also a cancer survivor. Had part of my colon removed nearly three years ago. They claimed they got all the cancer, and the lymph nodes around the area showed no signs of cancerous cells.

If you put enough of them on you won’t need any anymore. I’m still a single mask wearer.
Well...you're gonna find this hard to believe, but...I have never worn a mask since this whole thing started. When I was in the hospital/rehab last spring, it was just as the "pandemic" started getting real attention. In fact, the day I left the rehab facility was the first day they shut it down to visitors. Now fast forward to today, and I still haven't worn a mask or left the house other than to step out the front door to get the mail.

Add to that the fact I'm claustrophobic, thus a mask makes me go nutso. It's been a major problem for me all along in my workshop when I try to wear one for sanding, etc. I also can't have an MRI without a sedative of some sort; a CAT scan is OK as long as it doesn't involve my head.

My wife has a history of anxiety attacks. It's been that way for over 20 years now. Once in awhile she has to leave the store and get her mask off before we finish shopping and wait in the truck. Just the way it is.

I have had a mask card for about 28 years of my life. And my knowledge of viral epidemics I know these masks do very little.
The vaccine was pushed so quickly. Even the rats and mice didn't have time to react to a chronic or acute reaction. If however people jump for it that is great. All the herd immunity is a good start, but measures will take longer than Biden wishes. Trump would have been slower also. It is just going to take time, and I still don't want the vaccine.

My wife has a history of anxiety attacks. It's been that way for over 20 years now. Once in awhile she has to leave the store and get her mask off before we finish shopping and wait in the truck. Just the way it is.
I was just fine until the late 1980s. For years I had slept in the back of my PUs, most of which were all the smaller Nissans with a bed kit in a cab-high shell. The elevated bed with mattress on it left only about 2' of space overhead.

Then on a trip heading east, I stopped in a NM rest area on I40 to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night because I got too warm in my sleeping bag. I got it off but had an immediate anxiety attack and couldn't get out of the shell fast enough, even tho I was in my underwear and T-shirt. Once I cooled down, I climbed back in, but within a minute I had another attack. At that point, I grabbed my clothes and sleeping bag, lowered the passenger-side seat back and slept in it with my sleeping bag around me. I did that for the rest of the trip. On later truckss I compensated by buying a higher camper shells and lowering the center section which left lots of clearance.

From that incident foward, I can't handle any sort of close quarters or stuff around my face or head. When I was in the hospital with pneumonia, they tried to get me to wear a special type breathing mask that also removes carbon dioxide while adding oxygen. It had all sorts of straps that went around and over my head. Within 10 secs. of putting it on, I tore it off, and at one point the doc told me that if I didn't wear it, he might have to put me on a ventilator. I went back to a simple cannula for O2. and made it through that way.

I was just fine until the late 1980s. For years I had slept in the back of my PUs, most of which were all the smaller Nissans with a bed kit in a cab-high shell. The elevated bed with mattress on it left only about 2' of space overhead.

Then on a trip heading east, I stopped in a NM rest area on I40 to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night because I got too warm in my sleeping bag. I got it off but had an immediate anxiety attack and couldn't get out of the shell fast enough, even tho I was in my underwear and T-shirt. Once I cooled down, I climbed back in, but within a minute I had another attack. At that point, I grabbed my clothes and sleeping bag, lowered the passenger-side seat back and slept in it with my sleeping bag around me. I did that for the rest of the trip. On later truckss I compensated by buying a higher camper shells and lowering the center section which left lots of clearance.

From that incident foward, I can't handle any sort of close quarters or stuff around my face or head. When I was in the hospital with pneumonia, they tried to get me to wear a special type breathing mask that also removes carbon dioxide while adding oxygen. It had all sorts of straps that went around and over my head. Within 10 secs. of putting it on, I tore it off, and at one point the doc told me that if I didn't wear it, he might have to put me on a ventilator. I went back to a simple cannula for O2. and made it through that way.
Wow, that sucks. Glad you let them know what was what. Sometimes, they just don't listen to your words unless you kick and scream as a supplement.

My biggest fear is being herded like cattle into an enclosed room with a bunch of sick people. I could get a disease. I might lay low until the panic is over.
Just get some bootlegged moonshine from RELH. You can use it to sanitize your hands, surfaces, and your digestive tract.

That is not fun ODWriter. I slept in a pickup camper cabover on 4 or 5 different campers, over my years. The last one was on an 8 ft camper. Small areas barely enough to roll over gave me anxiety. The table bed below was too small also. If there is window circulation that helps stave it off. I slept fine in a car trunk when I was about 5.

I am scheduled for the vaccine next week. I go to work everyday and wear masks only for the "PR" effect it has on other people. I know how little protection they provide, and didn't wear a mask at all for the first three months of the pandemic. I still wouldn't, but have been told I am a "bad example" for my employees more than once.
I am expecting good things from the vaccine, in general. I know I could easily be one of the 5-20% who experience significant side effects. I see that as an 80+% chance of no noticeable reaction.

I continue to try to live my life with as few covid restrictions as possible. I traveled to Africa in October, have traveled to Wyoming and Arizona for hunts in December and January, and plan to continue traveling and hunting as much as I can and work allows. If I would just retire I would travel even more...

I feel fortunate to be healthy, and still qualify for the first round of vaccines in my state, as an "essential Health Care Worker" (Not really accurate, but it seems labels mean little to our government these days. That how my job is classified, so I will get the vaccine.)
It is a personal choice, and I have no problem with those who take a pass, or those who get the vaccine. Live and let live.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom